stage 1.5 rcc?

I have ben running 290+ HP on stock injectors for going 2 years now, but I do stay on top of the tune up, cleaning and lubeing the FMU twice a year, I run really high fuel pres, I also know its really on the ragged edge fuel wise, 275-280 would be safer but like I said I really keep a eye on the tune, and check plugs often, to go ANY higher HP would def need bigger injectors S2000s will get you to 300-325 maybe a bit more safely, are not to bad to tune, thing to remember is when you go bigger injectors with a single stage kit, (4 injectors) they are real tough to tune for street use, most tuners can not, some can and do a great job, but its a big pain in the ass,......... now with race only bikes the skys the limit, put in 5 or 6 hundred cc injectors dyno it, and run it, since low speed drivability is not a concern

S2000 injectors can indeed be tuned correctly for driveability and horsepower quite easily with a modified FMU and a powercommander. When it comes to 65 pound injectors, you need to be able to go into the ECU - 2002-2007 Busas - to make fuel map modifications; again, with a modified FMU, you can easily get the proper fuel delivery you need to go over 400 RWHP, and you can also get excellent low speed driveability.

Anything over that on an early 'Busa would require piggybacks, or a standalone to get right . . .:lol:

I have a stage one kit on my 2002 and I'm running 9lbs of boost. I'm in the process of installing a spacer plate and I have the stock pistons and stock rods. I want to know if I got an air to air or water to air innercooler would it do me any good, if so how?:please:

you can run lots more boost with cooler on pump fuel, i run 15-16 psi on premium in my 2000 busa with air to air intercooler and k27 turbo

you can run lots more boost with cooler on pump fuel, i run 15-16 psi on premium in my 2000 busa with air to air intercooler and k27 turbo

That would be roughly 60-70 more RWHP than you are currently making at 9 pounds boost and on pump gas . . .:whistle:

well of course, stock injectors only good or 280 ish, stock rods 340 ish, stock pistons i have made 461 hp with.

whats your current setup? You will need something that does boost referencing for boost if you plan to run both low and high boost and anything in between etc.

Stock pistons and rods, stock injectors,and FMU. I'm going to install a spacer soon. I also have heads studs and 60# valve springs in the head. I had it dyno at 280hp with stock compression.

Stock pistons and rods, stock injectors,and FMU. I'm going to install a spacer soon. I also have heads studs and 60# valve springs in the head. I had it dyno at 280hp with stock compression.

If you are going to pull the top end for a spacer plate, then you might as well drop a set of Wossner turbo pistons in . . . then a PCIIIR, Dynojet Hub with GM map sensor, Ignition module, and a set of larger injectors. The hub will boost reference fuel and ignition, the larger injectors will get you over 300, and the pistons will make your top end happy:laugh:

The stock rods will fail at around 380 RWHP (don't ask how I know!), so not going over 325 would be smart:rulez:

Good luck, let us know what you do, you have plenty of help here if you want it!:lol:

Just for a generic conversation / voice of reason...unnecessary money and hp are great...I have been in many fast cars as a passenger (which is less comforting than operating the vehicle) or operating them...I have a 07 stage 1 rcc kit...plenty fast / goes faster than the speed limit...what is the rush in a stage 2 / 3...I would assume getting it to hook up is a major factor then a clean strip / shutdown. I am all for the pushing the edge and racing...a safe mechanical build / tune beat it up...have fun

Would a stock style clutch work or do you need a lock up at this HP level? It would be 95% street ridden

A stock clutch - with the super heavy-duty APE springs(and a slave support!) - will work, but after a few rides in traffic, you will be able to crush Volkswagens with your left hand. The better arrangement would be a multi-stage lockup, which is totally street-able. With the lockup, you would be able to run softer springs (easier on the clutch hand) and rely on the lockup to hold that clutch tight after 6-7,000 rpm. I've been running lockups in turbo street bikes since the mid-eighties - you won't even know it is there until you need it.:laugh:

I had to necro this thread. This is some super information. I have the bug for more boost and I havent even had my suspension set up for the track properly. I have a problem. Its an adrenaline addiction. Admitting the problem is my first step. Questions I have about GEN 1 stage 1 kits on stock motors :
How many of you are running street and track in/around 270-300hp without a boost controller such as an AMS?

How many of you guys are running street and track on stock ecu with more than 7psi? I know the gen 2 has secondary controllers, but can the gen 1 ecu do this? I think the answer is in this thread and i will look harder.

Can a PC5 (which I have spent about 15 minutes looking at the software) in the hands of a competent tuner be used to control the secondary injectors?

It has been a significant amount of time since this thread began. Has the secondary injector ease of tuning for street been replaced by larger primaries by most without tuning issues for street and strip? Everybody seems to have affordable larger injectors vs. the significant cost of an ultra plenum with secondaries. Anyone would rather do larger primaries if they can be ran on the street without having significant tuning problems. My stage 1 at 7psi runs so good on the street that i could not accept less at this point even to save $2k on the cost of the plenum.

I had to necro this thread. This is some super information. I have the bug for more boost and I havent even had my suspension set up for the track properly. I have a problem. Its an adrenaline addiction. Admitting the problem is my first step. Questions I have about GEN 1 stage 1 kits on stock motors :
How many of you are running street and track in/around 270-300hp without a boost controller such as an AMS?

There are many Stage Ones running around in that area with no boost controller at all . . .

How many of you guys are running street and track on stock ecu with more than 7psi? I know the gen 2 has secondary controllers, but can the gen 1 ecu do this? I think the answer is in this thread and i will look harder.

Usually around 10psi is attainable with stock injectors and an FMU; even with the higher fuel pressures, the stock injectors will run out at some point; many will opt for 40 or 60 pound injectors in the place of the primary stock injectors, again with an FMU for more range. The Gen 1 ecu cannot control extra injectors, and it does not have the "boost fueling" software in the Gen 2 ecu.

Can a PC5 (which I have spent about 15 minutes looking at the software) in the hands of a competent tuner be used to control the secondary injectors?

With the addition of a Dynojet Secondary Fuel Module (SFM) it can. However, with the Gen 2, this can be accomplished
more easily through Ecu Boost Fueling, up to 30 pounds boost.

It has been a significant amount of time since this thread began. Has the secondary injector ease of tuning for street been replaced by larger primaries by most without tuning issues for street and strip? Everybody seems to have affordable larger injectors vs. the significant cost of an ultra plenum with secondaries. Anyone would rather do larger primaries if they can be ran on the street without having significant tuning problems. My stage 1 at 7psi runs so good on the street that i could not accept less at this point even to save $2k on the cost of the plenum.

With the Gen 1, going larger on the primary injectors requires some ecu fueling mods, and a powercommander. Although the powercommander itself has enough "range" to trim partial throttle fueling down low, the Busa still fires all four injectors when it is being cranked over to start, and can create a hard starting problem with big injectors. Some creative ecu tweaking can eliminate this issue . . . :laugh:

Of course, IMHO . . .:whistle:

I guess with this, it makes sense to get with Richard and get his ultra plenum since it has the controller with it. To try and avoid it with just going with the $500 larger injector kits, with a gen 1, you still need a piggyback such as the dynojet module you mentioned. Add a hub to connect that and your original pc5 is now worth quite a penny. Probably not far from what an AMS unit would do and a whole lot more since the added on fuel module still doesnt control ignition. In fact, dynojet doesnt have an ignition module for the gen 1 so you would need to rely on both the ecu and the $750? worth of dynojet fuel control with a hub just to run out of options and it STILL doesnt datalog. Good game dynojet!

The ultra plenum doesn't come with a secondary controller. It's something buy in conjunction with the plenum. And when your ready just shoot me a call or text, I can work a little deal like I did on your turbo kit.

The ultra plenum doesn't come with a secondary controller. It's something buy in conjunction with the plenum. And when your ready just shoot me a call or text, I can work a little deal like I did on your turbo kit.

Were gonna have Kevin on a Super Ultra with all the bells and whistles by next spring...just watch:rofl:

Back