Chain Types and Sprockets?

Kai, the 530 is the chain type. Hayabusa uses a very large chain with the very highest tensile strength. Tensile strength is important factor as we've been talking about breaking them lately. I broke one to on my ZX-11D one time, but bought a cheapy chain. Never do that again. :(

The suffix on the end of the part number is the chain links. So the first one you listed is 120 links, the 2nd one is 140 links for bikes with extended rear ends.

Gen-I stock length is 112 links. 17/40 teeth is stock.
Gen-II stock lenght is 114 links. 18/43 is teeth sprockets is stock.

The RK GB530GXW chain for example has a 10,000 lbs. tensile strength and rated for bikes up to 1400cc's.

Same chain, a GB520GXW for example, is only rated at 8800 lbs & rated for bikes only up to 1000cc's. Not recommended for high horsepower bikes like the Busa.

Thanks for the info pashnit. I sent you a couple messages regarding this and the triple tree. Did you ever receive them? I thought you were trying to ignore me :poke:

Same chain, a GB520GXW for example, is only rated at 8800 lbs & rated for bikes only up to 1000cc's. Not recommended for high horsepower bikes like the Busa.

lol what about a 1k with the same hp as a busa:poke:

need a 525 chain.
pm'd

Liiivvee! Liiiiiiiive!

Sorry to resurrect. I posted earlier in the "millionth tire thread". Long story short, I currently live in India, and plan to buy a Hayabusa in January. I'm compiling a list of long-life parts, as maintenance and parts availability here is questionable, and I want to minimize the number of times I have to put in special orders for unusual parts (there are less than 200 hayabusas in all of India, so big tires, heavy chains and whatnot aren't exactly off-the-shelf). I plan to do my damnedest to get ahold of an EK 530ZZZ chain, as it sounds like under normal riding (with careful cleaning and maintenance), it should last a loooong time. Now I need to nail down a comparable sprocket set. I don't need looks, or fancy alloys, or special construction, or low weight. I need sheer longevity, period. Does anyone have any suggestions? Preferably, I'm looking for major manufacturers, as I do have to at least have a chance to find/order it (that means no little shops in Sprawl city, California, or The Machinist I Know Who Makes Sprockets From Tank Hulls In His Spare Time down the street); gotta be Renthal, Afam, Sunstar etc etc. I do plan to get back to the states once in a while, so if absolutely necessary, I can order them to a local shop and pick them up, but being able to get them here and not have to lug them through an airport in my suitcase would be nice.

Back