Chain Types and Sprockets?

The chain I got is this one : RK 530GXW-114
It is a nickel color not gold.
I did PC my sprocket. Cost me 20 bucks and it was worth it.
It is very durable and wont scratch chip or peel off like rattle can will.
You will paint it, ride it , get home and see paint coming off and then have to do it all over again .
Get it PCd. If you do have it PCd leave the contact area on back undone so it will still lay flat as you see I did on mine.
The guy who did mine said the PC can be as much as 3mils thick. I dont know much about physics but a 3mil cant to the left would have bothered me at speed.
I got rid of the gold same as you it did not match but i will say I notice this chain showing 'rust' when the gold did not ever.
Nothing that doesnt come right off but I do have to maintain it more.

You may want to email Supersprox as word is they have factory black carriers now.
I am waiting for special order one for Marchesini wheels.

Only reason I went with Supersprox is cuz the cut out pattern on sprocket is the closest match I could find to my new wheels.
Somehow a Driven sprocket with round holes cut out did not look right on my square cut Marchesinis.

Blanca's new shoes 11.09 014.jpg

supersprox.jpg

supersprox2.jpg

Welcome back! The SuperSprox is my choice (like the cut-outs too). Still deciding on chains. So much to read! But the Tsubaki does look good. Now thinking of +3 on the sprocket which leads to a Speedohealer, which brought up the infamous TRE (seems to also be a bad word). Read many threads including yours and they all go elsewhere without a simple answer. If I do go +3, I'll get the 'Healer as well as the Gipro w/TRE.

Either way Tre or not you cant go wrong.
Have yet to see someone against TREs that said it messed something up.
Maybe dont like them but dont see any bad posts about em ?

i have a tre and like it but drag racers don't. i need to get out 2 the 1/4 mile and c how i do. i went up 3 n the rear and my speedometer is about 10% fast. but i just left it. I speed just about everywhere anyway and I have a good radar detector. I think i got my sprockets from 58cycle and my chain from streetandtrack

Everybody likes to talk about chains, and there are some excellent choices, but sprockets don't get nearly as much attention. Your chain won't make squat for difference if your sprockets wear fast (or funny) and ruin the chain with them.

Strongly advise against aluminum alloy sprockets - they just wear too fast - unless you are racing, in which case light weight is worth more than long life.

For steel sprockets, recommend Sunstar, which is basically Japanese made OEM, but a good bit cheaper than buying from Suzuki. Sunstars cost about the same as others (e.g., JT), but seem to hold up better. Just google "sunstar hayabusa" and you'll get some hits. My 2 cents.

After lots of time researching chains, I've found tensile strength is the key to a good chain. For those interested and don't have time, heres what I found;

Chain and Tensile Strength (LB's)

EK 530ZZZ @ 11,100
Tsubaki 530 @ 10,600
EK 530ZVX @ 10,560
DID ZVM2 @ 10,400
RK 530GXW @ 10,000
RK 530XSO @ 9,200

The EK's are the best value with the ZVX being almost half the price of a RK GXW.
So it'll be the Supersprox and ZZZ for me!:thumbsup:

The EK ZZZ530 is a decent chain, it does well for an occasional race or two and will last forever behind a stock Busa motor under normal street driving.

The EK ZZZ530 is a decent chain, it does well for an occasional race or two and will last forever behind a stock Busa motor under normal street driving.

You'd still prefer the Tsubaki over the ZZZ? They both seem very good, but the ZZZ has 500 more tensile strength and can be found cheaper (125.99+shp).

Flynlow just buy a chain...your killin too many brain cells...
Prolly didnt sleep last night did you..:poke:
Had 'chain on the brain' didnt ya'..:poke:

And I say that in a most loving way cuz I'm worse...
The diff of 500lbs of tensile strength is something I too would be studying and googling for hrs but in the end does it really matter...
Save your headaches for other more important things like cheese or no cheese at Mickey D's..

Again LOL and price is a factor but some things can only fog clear thought.

Henry Ford had it right
Folks asked him what colors his cars came in when they first came out.
His response was:

"Light Black, Medium Black and Dark Black"

Made it easy, one choice. Now too many !

:thumbsup::beerchug:

Flynlow just buy a chain...your killin too many brain cells...
Prolly didnt sleep last night did you..:poke:
Had 'chain on the brain' didnt ya'..:poke:

And I say that in a most loving way cuz I'm worse...
The diff of 500lbs of tensile strength is something I too would be studying and googling for hrs but in the end does it really matter...
Save your headaches for other more important things like cheese or no cheese at Mickey D's..

Again LOL and price is a factor but some things can only fog clear thought.

Henry Ford had it right
Folks asked him what colors his cars came in when they first came out.
His response was:

"Light Black, Medium Black and Dark Black"

Made it easy, one choice. Now too many !

:thumbsup::beerchug:

Sure didn't mean to offend anyone! :poke: Thought I could possibly help someone in the future with my research as very little info. was found here.
BTW, I'm in no rush to buy anything in haste. I've enough "Toys" (see sig.) to occupy my time and really don't sleep much anyway. Heck, I live between Ft. Lauderdale and SoBe! :thumbsup::beerchug::laugh:

No no no offense taken...
Not by me and I did not mean for you to think that.
Ask anytime I will answer as many times as you ask . As will most.
Never any offense taken by questions asked...
:thumbsup:
My last post was completely in humor.

I'm in WPB lets go for a ride sometime.
Also if you need any help let me know.
Any reason to 'have to go help someone' is good for me to go for a ride !

Soon as I get the chain and hear back from Supersprox on the availability of a all black 43, I'll head your way via A1A.

Everybody likes to talk about chains, and there are some excellent choices, but sprockets don't get nearly as much attention. Your chain won't make squat for difference if your sprockets wear fast (or funny) and ruin the chain with them.

Strongly advise against aluminum alloy sprockets - they just wear too fast - unless you are racing, in which case light weight is worth more than long life.

For steel sprockets, recommend Sunstar, which is basically Japanese made OEM, but a good bit cheaper than buying from Suzuki. Sunstars cost about the same as others (e.g., JT), but seem to hold up better. Just google "sunstar hayabusa" and you'll get some hits. My 2 cents.
+1 on the "aluminum" sprockets pretty much bite... I have a tri-metal supersprox and love it..

+infinity that aluminum sprockets SUCK - can't handle the Busa torque. Only 10k on my Vortex rear mostly commuting but the original steel sprox & chain lasted 35k miles.

I have the busa 2008 model
im thinking of putting on:

VORTEX 43 teeth CAT5 Black Rear Sprocket (43 stock)
VORTEX 17 teeth Front Sprocket (18 Stock)
EK ZVX2 530 120 Link Chrome Chain

Can anyone tell me if i will have any problems?
Any good or bad changes?

Thanks

I have a question regarding this as well. I'm on the supersprox site and I'm trying to figure out what chain I need. I'm going -1/+3 but as far as the chain goes, I see two different numbers: RK GB530GXW-120, and RK GB530GXW-140. What do those two numbers mean?

Back