Chain Issue...

1999hayabusa

Registered
The length of my 99 hayabusa chain has increased. Can i cut the chain/remove a link from it to fit the size OR i need to replace it ??
Plz suggest....

Definitely replace them like Ken stated. If you just shorten the chain by removing links it'll wreak more havoc on what's left of your sprockets and possibly even start jumping off~!~

Not so fast, how many miles are on that chain and sprockets? they all need to be adjusted from time to time. A couple of good hole shots will stretch a new chain. Dont be so fast to spend some one else"s $$$$ with out asking some questions.

Last edited:
i went thru this same scenario not too long ago. i'd suggest to replace the chain atleast. you def don't want that thing snapping and goin thru your casing. post some pics of your sprockets if youre not sure of their condition and maybe the orgsters can give you some feedback.

first, measure your chain to see if it has stretched to the point where it needs to be changed...if it does, it is recommended to change the sprockets at the same time

click linky for how to measure

Thats good, Replacing is far better than risking the chain breaking and tearing up a grand or more on the bike...

Back