Central FL Issue...Letter sent to congressman

i believe i read somewhere she was suspended and will probably lose her job.
Which is a crying shame. Seems that we are no longer allowed to vent our frustrations to our lawmakers and ask for help. Seems to me the person that commited the Federal offense of tampering with private mail should be the one being punished! NOT the teacher exercising her constitutional RIGHTS!!!
mad.gif

I don't think that that letter should have been put on the internet but every little thing is on here now days. As a teacher she has an obligations to teach the children in her class to the best of her ability. As an American she has the right to her own opinion and she is using that right. Yes, it maybe painful but I do not think that she is directing it to anyone who is a citizen of our great Counrty. She is talking about the ever rising number of people who come to this country ILLEGALLY. The people hear illegally are getting the same rights, if not more, that the citizens of our cuntry. I have to agree with her to a point. The citizens of the country are being cheated because of the illegal people here. If you are a citizen of this country, no matter what your ethnic background, then every penny that is available should be able to be obtained by you. That is not the way that it is and I think that is her point. I understand what you are upset about but, she isn't talking about teaching the children any differently. It just makes it harder for her.
Once again...in her letter, she was complaining about Puertoricans and we are not illegal in this country!

And no...I don't think it was right to refer to any other ethnicity group in specific...she should have expressed herself in a general way.

i think a republican stole her private letter and let it go public so the system would can her-just an opinion-
Wow... That is probably the DUMBEST thing I have read in a while!  I sincerely hope that was an ill fated attempt at humor and not a display of your actual cerebral output!

To the point at hand. I believe that the teacher is rather opinionated against the Ricans because that is the Nationality that is affecting her. I know people from all races and you have to admit that the Ricans have the most heart and are the most flamboyant and head strong amongst all the hispanic ethnicities. If you have a few natural leaders that happen to be rebellious you have a group that causes mayhem which is apparently what she is facing. I got news for all of ya. This is in EVERY PUBLIC school Nation Wide. Her Disruptors happen to be PR. The ones in my school were bratty rich white kids. The ones in my brothers school were black. This is nothing new for the past 10 - 15 years. The problem isn't the kids or their nationalities. It the Lazy ass parents that let TV raise their kids and the minorities that have cried and whined enough to tie the hands of the educators that do not allow them to enforce the rules. Those of us over 32 years of age... think back to grade school. What happened when your mom or dad got the note that you got paddled for throwing a dead frog at little Susie?!? Exactly ... you couldn't sit down for two days! Now what happens. The teachers tell little Johnny, "No"

Yeah, kinda seems stupid huh. Ewww ... Johnny got told, "No" guess I'd better behave or else I might get told "No" too! When the parents get told little Johnny was a P I T A at school...

You got it. Another "No"

There's a Very Old Book written by several different people LOOOOOOOng ago that gave very insightful parenting tips. Of course that book has been banned from schools so good luck finding it in the Library! It simply stated, " Spare the rod and spoil the child" The "Rod" refers to discipline.
Nuff Said.

Smily... Sorry your feelings got hurt. All I can tell is that I am confident she was not referring to your family. Short of that, there is really no reason to be offended. Since you directly are not included in her scorn or referenced individuals there is no reason for you to take it personal. Your nationality does not dictate you or who you are. Therefore her generalizations about those of your ethnicity do not reflect upon you personally.
She has some valid points and she has some misguided assumptions. She is on the right track with closing our borders though. She ,however, is very misguided in thinking that the blacks or Whites will pick Veggies from the fields! I know THAT won't happen! I say God Bless the Mexicans! If it weren't for them we wouldn't eat! BUT Make them enter legally with a valid Visa, Pay taxes like the rest of us and learn to read write and speak the language! If I moved to Mexico I'd either learn the language or starve. What makes them special enough to not have to do the same?

Fire away
Agree 100% on everything you said, and thank you for understanding the point and not going off the tangent with the privacy of letter, and why it is on the internet, etc.
smile.gif

As soon as the news came out, they showed the letter on tv. I understand many of you do not know the situation well enough to have an opinion on it...but even the kids where complaining about her "teaching skills", if you can call them that. I surely wouldn't want this type of teacher "teaching" my kids! Hell I can speak, read and write English better that some white people here at work!

it maybe painful but I do not think that she is directing it to anyone who is a citizen of our great Counrty.
That's what I was thinking until I reached this part she wrote

(Our school at Sadler Elementary where I teach is 92% Puerto Rican. Please consider changing the laws and keeping these people home in Puerto Rico. They are trashing Orlando daily.)

Puerto Ricans are US citizens. Hey but that's her opinion.
THANK YOU!!!
biggrin.gif

SmilyPR - your English writing skills are quite a bit better then most of the "homegrown" Americans on this message board ..
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|banditoo
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125582965 -->

banditoo has a very valid point! How many times have people made two many grammaticul or speling erurs in won simpel post!?!
laugh.gif

it maybe painful but I do not think that she is directing it to anyone who is a citizen of our great Counrty.
That's what I was thinking until I reached this part she wrote

(Our school at Sadler Elementary where I teach is 92% Puerto Rican. Please consider changing the laws and keeping these people home in Puerto Rico. They are trashing Orlando daily.)

Puerto Ricans are US citizens. Hey but that's her opinion.
I would agee with you on this, for a teacher she is not to smart in Geography...
wow.gif

banditoo has a very valid point! How many times have people made two many grammaticul or speling erurs in won simpel post!?!
laugh.gif
<marquee><span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:green'>MANY MANY TIMES</span></span></marquee>

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125590691 -->

I think the diversity in FL. is what makes it great. Many of my good friends in FL. are Hispanic from all parts of Latin, and yes I wold be concidered a W.A.S.P. by some. I hope to be moving to Orlando soon and meeting many more good friends. The point is yes we need some controls for over crowding and poorer communities but we also need what built this country, A melting pot of people. Yes English first, Yes you are living in America, but lets not forget are heritage.

That is a poorly written letter, especially for a teacher. I don't know about the specifics of her area or whether the facts are accurate or not but there are several problems here.

We need to do something about securing our borders and stopping illegal imigration. The school systems, hospitals, jails, public welfare entitlements, and infrastructure are being assaulted by illegals who in the end,when everything is balanced out, are adding nothing to the system and are dragging it down. We need to have a sound immigration policy and allow only people who respect and follow it to stay.

The other issue is a private letter sent to a legislator being posted up for the world to see, that's wrong. I think she could have generalized more and been far more articulate about getting her point across but the underlying theme sounds like a fair position. Although you are right about PR Smiley.
smile.gif

V. You kow I love you girl. So here's my .02

The letter never should have been made public.

This is just one of the many morons teaching our children.
(No I don't have kids, but it is them who pay in the end)

Ignorant parents tend to breed ignorant children. Once in a while they (the children) actualy have a mind of their own, and make responsible decisions.

One of the major problems in this country is the illegals

Give us our poor, your tired, your huddled masses no longer applies. As sad as that is, we can not be other countries dumping ground any more. We do need to close the borders, for a while at least, and get our stuff togather.

Humans are the worst animals on the planet. Hideous intelegence, hate, fear and blood lust. This is something we are all born with. Without it we would not have become the dominant spicies on the planet. As long as there are differences in people there will all ways be hate and fear. One of the quotes in "The Matrix" states we are more like a virus than an animal, and it is the truth.

All we can do is our best. Trying to make it through the next few years may be the worst with the economy in the shape it is in.

One last thing.... If I were living in Germany, I'd learn German. If I was in Italy, I'd learn Italian. If I was in Japan, I'd learn Japanese etc. on down the line. Except for France and they can kiss my ass and learn English.
biggrin.gif

Talk to you later,

Steve

Once again...in her letter, she was complaining about Puertoricans and we are not illegal in this country!  

And no...I don't think it was right to refer to any other ethnicity group in specific...she should have expressed herself in a general way.
I apoligize, I didn't really look at it the way you do. She is refering to people who are citizens of our country. If it is a language barrier that she is having a problem with then she should recomend a change. But, she is expressing a opinion that she is entitled to. As a teacher I think that is the wrong opinon to have because how to you teach children to treat everyone the same when you don't.

I apoligize, I didn't really look at it the way you do. She is refering to people who are citizens of our country. If it is a language barrier that she is having a problem with then she should recomend a change. But, she is expressing a opinion that she is entitled to. As a teacher I think that is the wrong opinon to have because how to you teach children to treat everyone the same when you don't.
Very true indeed...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm shaking my head and laughing; if not for that I would be weeping for the ignorant.

In some senses I can surely see her POV; however, in that vein, she could have stated it w/out sounding like a prissy friggin'...you get what I mean.

I had a conversation with an investigator for the INS last week about an illegal that I had come to have contact with. See, in my area of WI we do have a boat load of migrant workers who work the fields, and hence have an enormous hispanic population. Now, is it coincidence that on any given day we can pick up a dude who conveniently doesn't speak a lick of English, is driving a newer Excursion and toting within it enormous amounts of cocaine and/or marijuana? Our going joke is: "Just look for the Texas plates..." Anyway, this illegal prompted my call to the INS Milw branch, and the investigator went on a freakin' tirade about the guy. He had been deported and returned to the U.S. twice, this was his third return from Mexico. Man, this dude was just off the hook with his ranting...:laugh: Anyway, that illegal is now looking at three to five in Federal prison, just from the INS charges, that doesn't include his pending drug case.

I don't know. Anyway, I'm glad my kid isn't in that woman's class. Well, maybe it would be beneficial for her. Maybe she would notice that poor Haitian children aren't the only ones that can misbehave.
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|Busa_05
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125885024 -->

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back