Canon G9 Reviews, anyone here used/own one?

Is there a G9 equivalent manufactured by Nikon?
Ignore the Projekt,
shutup.gif
He's been drinking Nikon Cool-Aid For years...

Nikon makes great Cameras and Nikon and Canon are largely equivalent. Think Ford VS Chevy or Suzuki VS Kawasaki. They are pretty much even and one usually has an answer for the other every step of the way.

That being said NO, I do not believe that Nikon currently makes a Compact "Viewfinder" type of all metal bodied 12MEG feature rich camera to equal the G9 or the Elph line of cameras. Point for point I would say Canon is ahead of the rest on this front.

Where Nikon holds an advantage I believe is in the SLRs. They have some terrific lenses, and bodies, but Canon does as well... So yeah
dunno.gif

But Projekt is largely yanking your chain...

The only other REAL choice for a smaller camera with a lot of SLR features would be the Leica G3 or the Panasonic version of the same camera. Although Panasonic uses cheaper materials for the body and the firmware is a bit different, they are otherwise identical.

BUT

The Lecia has a great feel and the only reason I have the G9 VS the Two Leica D-Lux 3s I bought and sold, honestly probably has more to do with familiarity than anything else. The Leica's 10meg sensor, and 28mm wide angle lens is the shizzle...

Here's a sample from the Leica... The 28mm lense is not to be underestimated, that wide view is something I miss...

L1000206.jpg

My Dad always bought Nikon (in fact he won their national photo contest 10 or so years ago with one) and I always bought Canon. I can get a great camera AND two lens for the cost of his body alone;<) I just bought an EOS T5 and my daughter-in-law put her Nikon down and used mine all weekend when they came up to visit she was so impressed with it. I think she has the Nikon on fleebay now ;<)

Back
Top Bottom