Can you spot the MOD ?

(Pipefighter248 @ Jan. 23 2007,16:35) Any pics of inside the housing?
Nope, sorry but the camera was charging while I did the work and when I fnished I took the pics. Theres not much to see inside if you open yours you will see the netural led as well as the tube that had to be cut out. After that its just a matter of getting some plumbers epoxy (thick play-do type, not the liquid) it cures in 20 mins.

(05BusaLe @ Jan. 23 2007,16:59)
Nope, sorry but the camera was charging while I did the work and when I fnished I took the pics. Theres not much to see inside if you open yours you will see the netural led as well as the tube that had to be cut out. After that its just a matter of getting some plumbers epoxy (thick play-do type, not the liquid) it cures in 20 mins.
Just had mine opened the other day installing some gauge faces. So I know it's not much to see in there.
I contemplated changing all the led's like they do in the bluegauges mod, but couldn't find any surface mount LEDs locally.
Would've just liked to see the depth of the gear indicator.

Good job on the mod.

Very innovative and well explained
bowdown.gif
beerchug.gif

(Pipefighter248 @ Jan. 23 2007,17:02)
(05BusaLe @ Jan. 23 2007,16:59)
Just had mine opened the other day installing some gauge faces. So I know it's not much to see in there.
I contemplated changing all the led's like they do in the bluegauges mod, but couldn't find any surface mount LEDs locally.
Would've just liked to see the depth of the gear indicator.

Good job on the mod.
With the LED display on the end of the dime sized dia lump of epoxy I would say it was 1/4 of an inch longer then the tube that comes off the face plat and goes over the LED indicator on the circuit. When I cut it down to clear the board I cut through 2 of the encased wires and had to repair them.

I contemplated changing all the led's like they do in the bluegauges mod, but couldn't find any surface mount LEDs locally.[/Quote]

What type of Surface mount LEDs do you need? Size 1210, 1206, 0805, 0603? Color?

I am sure I can help you out.

(ToyKraz @ Jan. 23 2007,18:05) Just had mine opened the other day installing some gauge faces. So I know it's not much to see in there.

What type of Surface mount LEDs do you need? Size 1210, 1206, 0805, 0603? Color?

I am sure I can help you out.[/Quote]
I have no idea of what it really takes.
Was going to replace the stock surface mounts under the LCD displays and change them to blue like bluegauges would.

(ToyKraz @ Jan. 23 2007,18:05)

Was going to replace the stock surface mounts under the LCD displays and change them to blue like bluegauges would[/Quote]

Can you shoot me a picture of them. I can tell the size by the looks of them. What color were you looking for? Any idea on the voltage?

(ToyKraz @ Jan. 23 2007,18:44) (ToyKraz @ Jan. 23 2007,18:05)

Was going to replace the stock surface mounts under the LCD displays and change them to blue like bluegauges would

Can you shoot me a picture of them. I can tell the size by the looks of them. What color were you looking for? Any idea on the voltage?[/Quote]
You know of a place to get them?
I was looking at blue.
Can get pic, but don't know voltage or anything other thing about them. Stockers aren't marked.

I probably have them in stock. I run an electronics mfg facility and usaully keep several thousand Blue, Red, Orange, Amber and Green in stock. If I don't have them I can usaully get them for free as samples since I buy about $800K in parts a year.

I might be able to figure the voltage from the schematic in the Busa manual.

(ToyKraz @ Jan. 23 2007,18:52) I probably have them in stock. I run an electronics mfg facility and usaully keep several thousand Blue, Red, Orange, Amber and Green in stock. If I don't have them I can usaully get them for free as samples since I buy about $800K in parts a year.

I might be able to figure the voltage from the schematic in the Busa manual.
I'll check the manual also, and maybe take a pic of them later.
Thanks.

Holy Crap! That is NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You got more balls than me to do somethin' like that. I'd screw it up for sure!
bowdown.gif
beerchug.gif

where can i find this EKS indicator, I found the website but it don't tell where to get it

From what I hear it is near impossible to get one of those EKS indicators...maybe someone else can give you a bit more info though

good job! I think it's great when someone goes through the effort and really incorporates a mod to look OEM

Back