Can you spot the MOD ?

05BusaLe

Too much time to kill and money to spend
Donating Member
Registered
Take a look who can spot the mod?

DSC00003.JPG

I want to say the high beam light is supposed to be next to the fuel guage.  But I would have to go look at my Busa to be sure....  
wink.gif

Well at first glance it appears the "N" is missing off of your Neutral light

(ToyKraz @ Jan. 23 2007,14:14) Well at first glance it appears the "N" is missing off of your Neutral light
Good eye now what about this pic!

DSC00004.JPG

(Red05 @ Jan. 23 2007,14:29) Gear indicator? Nice!!  
bowdown.gif
Yea, got boared had a dremel and the rest is history. Boy let me tell you that was a PITA!
Another pic:

DSC00005.JPG

(05BusaLe @ Jan. 23 2007,13:34) Yea, got boared had a dremel and the rest is history. Boy let me tell you that was a PITA!
Another pic:
So I guess you modding other clusters is out of the question, huh?
laugh.gif

I can tell you all how it was done, first I got the EKS indicator from another member that had it and didn’t use it, or just was a real swell guy and sold it to me. Thank you busa2001. Next I took apart the gauges removed the neutral light, used a hair drier to heat up the front bezel so that I could separate the outer carbon case from the clear lens assembly, then I used nail polish remover to clean the "N" off of the plastic, then I cut the tube on the inside that went over the neutral light and epoxied the gear indicator to the front bezel. The hardest part was the gear indicator was too deep and hit the circuit board, so I shaved the gear indicator down and that is when I cut through 2 wires that were encased in the epoxy that the manufacturer sealed it in, had to use the dremel again to cut away more epoxy and solder 2 jumper wires to get it to work again. Then I made a notch to pass wire out bottom of cluster and reassembled it all.

(heavybusa @ Jan. 23 2007,15:36) Send that mod to suzuki for the 08.  
super.gif
Lol like they would, lets face it there is alot more built in to our bikes electrical system the zuki dont use and could for a few more pennies then what the bike already costs! If the bike knows when its in netural or the side stand is down, as well as what gear its in (limiter lowered in 6th) why not relay that existing info to the end user, US! With a built in gear position indicator.

Back