buyoutofstate.com comes through!

Wow...I am seriously considering this route...not for the savings but for the fun part - putting the bike together
smile.gif

If any of you guys go that route I'm less than 15min from Calmes and have bought 2 bikes from them and will offer any help that you may need.  You never know, you may want a friendly eye to check out something before ya buy it
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|SoBad
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120455320 -->

Question: Im my line of work, I can't deliver a "crated" engine to a retail customer, I must perform the run-up and pre-delivery inspection. Does Suzuki have a similar requirement?

I'm not questioning your assembly ability, FJ, but it seems Suzuki would discourage this type of sale for potential liability issues.

tbonebusa - I'm not sure about that, but I'll ask the next time I call Calmes. I'm guessing these engines have some preliminary run up at the factory, because all the fluid levels are set to full and it's ready to start as soon as you attach the battery.

I'm no super-mech, by any means!
smile.gif
But based on my experience with this, I have no doult anyone can do it. And the assembly process has nothing to do with the engine and other major parts. Actually I was sort of pissed off when I realized dealers have hit me up in the past for extra charges to do something so simple! Of course there's always a chance something could go wrong, but if that's the case, the standard warranty takes over.

Since I ran across buyoutofstate.com, I've run across a couple more dealers that do the same thing (ship out of state). Evidently it's easy money for the dealer because all they do is receive it, and ship it! Their OTD cost is low, but from what I understand they get an kick-back from the manufacturer based on their annual sales volume.

SoBad - Next time you're in Calmes, thank Kevin for me, and let him know I'll be ordering my next bike through him as well!
biggrin.gif

Back