Buying a bike on the internet...

jmourik

Registered
I've been looking at cycletrader.com and some out-of-state dealers have pretty good deals. But i don't have any experience with buying a bike over the internet, the shipping process, the gotchas...
Does anybody on this board have experience with that? Is it worth it? Any insights you can share? Are the local dealerships going to be willing to service the bike?

Thanks for any info!

jan

I have purchased numerous bikes via the internet (6 to be exact).
However, I have always worked out the transportation with the seller so that I would pick-up the bike in person before exchanging funds.
My experiences have been positive, the internet is a great tool that enables the consumer to quickly and easily find the right product, at the right price, at the right time.
As for dealership service after the purchase..... I think it's a bit of an oxy-moron... never had much luck there, even when the bike was purchased from them.
Be cautious of the title situation if you are buying used.
And confirm, re-confirm, then re-re-confirm the specifics of the arrangement prior to making a road trip (learned this leason the hard way).
Cover your bases, and make no assumptions.... I support internet match-making.... well, at least for motorcycles.
tounge.gif

Thanks Cecil...

(ps if you sign your internet-buying emails with semper fi i'd be careful trying to cheat you if i were them...)

I've only bought My Busa over the Internet But it was from a authorized dealer. but I'd do cash upon receipt of bike. Just to cover your own azz
wink.gif

Back