Bush repeals Offshore drilling ban....

i remember the lines in the 70's with alternateing days in wich you were allowed to get gas. NOW WHY THE HELL WERE WE NOT SMART ENOUGH TO RECONGNIZE OUR DEPENDENCY BACK THEN AND DAMN THE OIL AND CAR COMPANYS AND THE POLITICIONS FOR THIER GREED. i guess they say neccessity is the mother of inventions, is it thier intent to control all aspects of any past and future inventions before we the people finnaly say "im not in it for the money, lets free the world of this tyrany"

i remember the lines in the 70's with alternateing days in wich you were allowed to get gas.  NOW WHY THE HELL WERE WE NOT SMART ENOUGH TO RECONGNIZE OUR DEPENDENCY BACK THEN AND DAMN THE OIL AND CAR COMPANYS AND THE POLITICIONS FOR THIER GREED.  i guess they say neccessity is the mother of inventions, is it thier intent to control all aspects of any past and future inventions before we the people finnaly say "im not in it for the money, lets free the world of this tyrany"
We were smart enough back then but stopped caring after OPEC dropped the price of oil back down to $14/ barrel from the $37/ barrel that started the rationing. The fuel problem isn't a new one. It goes back to every administration starting with Nixon. But everytime the govt. started to do something about it, the oil prices went back down and the govt. got all cozy again.

Why aren't we looking at coal to oil? We have about 250 years worth of coal available to us in our own back yard and we arent converting it to oil. Why? Cost is less than $50/barrel to produce.

Oh that's right, we'd rather go after Ethanol. Great idea. It only takes 1.29 gallons of oil to produce 1 gallon of Ethanol. Real smart.

This is just my own speculation but, I believe that if oil drilling is started here in the U.S. by American oil companies ( Exxon, Mobil ) they will not be drilling for the American Peoples' benefit. They will want to sell "their" oil on the world market for as much money as they can get. I know that supply and demand drives prices and the price of fuel should come down , that is if OPEC doesn't cut their production or some other oil disruption happens anywhere on the globe, but how are we as Americans going to feel when Our National Resources are being sold at market price to China and other countries by our greedy oil companies. The goverment needs to decide if our national resources belong to the people of this country or big bussiness!!

This is just my own speculation but, I believe that if oil drilling is started here in the U.S. by American oil companies ( Exxon, Mobil ) they will not be drilling for the American Peoples' benefit. They will want to sell "their" oil on the world market for as much money as they can get. I know that supply and demand drives prices and the price of fuel should come down , that is if OPEC doesn't cut their production or some other oil disruption happens anywhere on the globe, but how are we as Americans going to feel when Our National Resources are being sold at market price to China and other countries by our greedy oil companies. The goverment needs to decide if our national resources belong to the people of this country or big bussiness!!
If the clowns running the show in Washington can pass laws saying the oil companies can't drill in certain areas I'm sure they could impose limitations on who the oil was sold to. If we are self sufficient who cares what OPEC does???

Our biggest problems are that we have made congress and senate seats career positions and we've elected social elite Ivy League lawyers to those positions instead of honest hard working people with common sense.

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
This is just my own speculation but, I believe that if oil drilling is started here in the U.S. by American oil companies ( Exxon, Mobil ) they will not be drilling for the American Peoples' benefit. They will want to sell "their" oil on the world market for as much money as they can get.[/quote]

No can do. By law the oil drilled here must stay here.

The Presidents actions wont change anything until the Democraticly controlled Congress lifts the ban also
and thens there the state approval which must be lifted

today our reps here on the left coast to include aronld are saying not off our coast for oil the country is heading for finacial colapse and national destruction with this view the oil countrys in the middle east are paying down our debt and our politician have no intentions of changing that so the American people will keep paying this price until all of our wealth has been transfered to the oil producing countrys be prepared for 10 to 12 a gallon down the road and not that long from now

The Presidents actions wont change anything until the Democraticly controlled Congress lifts the ban also
and thens there the state approval which must be lifted

today our reps here on the left coast to include aronld are saying not off our coast for oil the country is heading for finacial colapse and national destruction with this view the oil countrys in the middle east are paying down our debt and our politician have no intentions of changing that so the American people will keep paying this price until all of our wealth has been transfered to the oil producing countrys be prepared for 10 to 12 a gallon down the road and not that long from now
GO T.BOONE PICKENS!!!!

I don't have the solution, but I do know I will be REALLY PISSED if they pass that 55mph limit crap again - and those clowns in Washington are seriously considering it...

OhOh, blood pressure rising - I need the banana :
banana.gif

Whew, feel better now...

Back