Busa towing

redzeplin

Registered
I have an application with a Busa engine that may require the output sprocket to spin or freewheel at a high speed even though the engine is not running.  Think of it as towing a bike with the rear wheel on the ground and the chain in place.  Does anyone know if this will create a lubrication or other problem?

never heard of it but im sure your get some replies
all_coholic.gif

I was told years ago in regards to towing w/rear wheel on ground to remove the chain. Though this was for long trips. And yes it was because of lubrication issues

(mjrfd99 @ Aug. 31 2007,19:24) I was told years ago in regards to towing w/rear wheel on ground to remove the chain. Though this was for long trips. And yes it was because of lubrication issues
+1.

Buy or rent a trailer. Just my 2 cents.

P.

Trailer won't help. This engine is going in the back of a Miata in addition to the stock engine up front. A little 180 HP boost if you will. Both motors drive the same diff through opposing pinions. I just wanted to know if I could leave the Hayabusa engine in neutral and off while under front engine power. There will be times where that would be desireable and there is no simple way to decouple. Looks like it will have to run all the time or find a way to lube through an auxilary pump.

Do you mean that our government is building 300hp sequential shifting Miatas too? Who could afford one if they built it?

Have you considered using a sprag with the Busa driveshaft. That would decouple whenever the Busa motor wasn't applying power.

(redzeplin @ Aug. 31 2007,19:43) Do you mean that our government is building 300hp sequential shifting Miatas too?  Who could afford one if they built it?
The government , they pay $250 bucks for a roll of TP
laugh.gif

(Gunnybusa @ Sep. 01 2007,07:07)
(redzeplin @ Aug. 31 2007,19:43) Do you mean that our government is building 300hp sequential shifting Miatas too?  Who could afford one if they built it?
laugh.gif
They do pay 250 per roll.

It's to cover up, all the behind our back, manipulate the world secret operations going on.

Government has become a little to self serving, but with 1 out of 5 people in America working for them who's going to stand up and complain ?

You'll be labeled a terrorist and sent to Gitmo for life without a trial.

Thank you Patriot Act.

I better go underground for awhile typing these kinds of post.

Cause I see the man is in my inbox again

(TIMMYDUCK @ Sep. 01 2007,07:27)
(Gunnybusa @ Sep. 01 2007,07:07)
laugh.gif
They do pay 250 per roll.

It's to cover up, all the behind our back, manipulate the world secret operations going on.

Government has become a little to self serving, but with 1 out of 5 people in America working for them who's going to stand up and complain ?

You'll be labeled a terrorist and sent to Gitmo for life without a trial.

Thank you Patriot Act.

I better go underground for awhile typing these kinds of post.

Cause I see the man is in my inbox again
Ive been to Gitmo , many moons ago when I was a lance cooli

A Sprag clutch is a good idea but I don't have room and it would kill engine braking and downshifting. I didn't think the trans was pressure lubed. It is probably splash lubed but maybe nothing is spinning in oil in neutral. I will have to look harder at a lube pump.

Back