Busa Running Cooler

(BUSAFETT @ Jun. 06 2007,07:05) Can someone provide a linky to the muzzy fan?  And is this a do-it-yourselfer?

BUSAFETT
It is a "do it yourself-er", but it's a little time intensive since you have to remove the radiator, meaning that you have to drain the radiator.

And since your are in there, you might as well do the oil... and take off those reflectors... what was I doing here?
smile.gif

Joking aside, I have zero technical skill and I was able to do it with a friend in two nights after work at a liesurly pace. If you really tried, you could have it done on a Saturday easily.

Unfortunately, no link, but if you want one (after all it is just a fan) PM GoldenChild, he has them at a good price.

(BUSAFETT @ Jun. 06 2007,07:13) Is it just the blade you're swapping?   Or the whole fan unit?
Just the blade. It bolts right in place.

The blades are bigger is the trick, that and (I really think) the blades are lighter as well.

when my bike was newer it would over heat but now its fine still running stock fan and regular coolant woundering if engine breakin has something to do with the over heating problem also noticed when i added my usb 3 it runs cooler in trafic when its a little richer

(BUSAFETT @ Jun. 06 2007,07:05) Can someone provide a linky to the muzzy fan?  And is this a do-it-yourselfer?

I just went into the red repeatedly while sitting in traffic at the Millville Air Show 2 wks ago, and it happened to me last year at the Willow Grove air show.  So either I have to fix the prob, or stop going to air shows!

BUSAFETT
its been awhile but when i did mine i took the left panel off and removed the two top bolts to the radiator and pushed the radiator forward so i could get to the fan    then removed the fan and replaced the blade did the engine ice to

if ya look at the radiator wrong it bends so be carefull

Am I able to drain and refill the radiator w/o taking fairing off? Haven't gotten to check the owner's manual yet- I did buy 1 container of the Engine Ice tho. Trying a 50 50 mix first.

Mines always maintained it's cool until bike week. Just can't sit in traffic forever.

(dadofthree @ Jun. 06 2007,16:18) Mines always maintained it's cool until bike week. Just can't sit in traffic forever.
I haven't been as lucky. This is the 2nd time and I don't want a 3rd.

(BUSAFETT @ Jun. 06 2007,13:06) Am I able to drain and refill the radiator w/o taking fairing off?  Haven't gotten to check the owner's manual yet- I did buy 1 container of the Engine Ice tho.  Trying a 50 50 mix first.
No way that I know of...

The plastics cover it all up. It's just easier to take it off, just keep track of your bolts and you should have no problem...

There is a great write-up on here for this. I followed it for the engine ice. No, you have to remove the fairings and drain and flush the system. NO MIXING ENGINE ICE WITH THE FACTORY COOLANT! I also have the muzzy fan plus I installed an auxiliary fan switch for manually turning the fan motor on. I had problems at bike week before and decided just to do the three mods at the same time. No issues here in hot, humid, Florida.

P.S.....Water wetter does not protect against freezing temps. Engine Ice does.

Change your oil to Royal Purple... Using it will drop your engine temps alone. RP also sells a coolant additive called Purple Ice. It all works wonders! My tranny shifts awesome and the bike never gets past the middle mark. I just bought a Muzzy Fan, just to have that mod done too.

(Tango1300 @ Jun. 06 2007,21:34) Change your oil to Royal Purple... Using it will drop your engine temps alone. RP also sells a coolant additive called Purple Ice. It all works wonders! My tranny shifts awesome and the bike never gets past the middle mark. I just bought a Muzzy Fan, just to have that mod done too.
Nice information. Thanks! Interesting report on temperature reduction on their website.........

(Poppy @ Jun. 06 2007,18:01) There is a great write-up on here for this. I followed it for the engine ice. No, you have to remove the fairings and drain and flush the system. NO MIXING ENGINE ICE WITH THE FACTORY COOLANT! I also have the muzzy fan plus I installed an auxiliary fan switch for manually turning the fan motor on. I had problems at bike week before and decided just to do the three mods at the same time. No issues here in hot, humid, Florida.

P.S.....Water wetter does not protect against freezing temps. Engine Ice does.
I thought someone hear had blended it with reg antifreeze?

Anyway no biggie if I have to go buy another bottle of it. Haven't done the drain yet..

Engine ice is already pre-mixed with distilled water, just flush and add ICE. I run a higher C/R engine and heats up like crazy, I added the ICE and a 2ndary fan with toggle switch and i switch the fan on when i hit traffic and it kewls right down and never have needed the auto fan cuzz it never reaches the temp to start up the fan. I took a GSXR 750 fan and mounted it to the right side of the busa fan, if u look where the busa fan is on the left side and lots of room for a 2ndary fan. I ran the 2nd fan direct to the battery with a toggle switch. works really sweet and i am a believer in the Engine Ice, it works awesome
bowdown.gif

Back