busa or 14

MACBRYDE

Registered
i just seen a new 2008 hayabusa .lowered,with the new street sidewinder pipe.this bike is suppose to race up against the new 2008 zx14 this comming weekend,i here alot about the new 14,but i heard the busa just as ,is will run in the 8s in the quarter mile,im going to see this event take place,but not sure where i want my bettings on? i dont know anything about the riders,but has anyone heard of the two bikes racing yet?

my opinion

zx-14 is better for confort and brakes
busa is better for handling and engine

my 14
hauteur%20nice%20073.jpg

my busa
gemenos%20023.jpg

I've out ran a couple of '08 Busas with an '06 14, a couple of '08 14s too. I think it will come down to the rider. There are too many other variables to say which will win. The Busa definitely feels stronger on the bottom and the '08 14 doesn't pull as hard on top as my '06 - only time will tell. On the dyno the Busas are definitely making more power !

i just seen a new 2008  hayabusa .lowered,with the new street sidewinder pipe.this bike is suppose to race up against the new 2008 zx14 this comming weekend,i here alot about the new 14,but i heard the busa just as ,is will run in the 8s in the quarter mile,im going to see this event take place,but not sure where i want my bettings on? i dont know anything  about the riders,but has anyone heard of the two bikes racing yet?
Where you been son?? I have been running 8s on my stock motored zx14 for 2 years .... I have seen an 08 with the same mods as my zx14 ,the rider is very small( 125 pounds) and very skilled pro rider run within a 10th of a second of my times ... His MPH is just a little short of mine also...

i can definetly tell you that the ZZR1400 is more comfy and brakes are better whether its the abs model or the normal one,handling and various others busa wins
which is faster im not sure yet because both me and my friend with the gen2 busa are still on 350km engine breaks in at 1600km+,isnt that right??

here are the road kings

DSC00758.jpg

i just seen a new 2008 hayabusa .lowered,with the new street sidewinder pipe.this bike is suppose to race up against the new 2008 zx14 this comming weekend,i here alot about the new 14,but i heard the busa just as ,is will run in the 8s in the quarter mile,im going to see this event take place,but not sure where i want my bettings on? i dont know anything about the riders,but has anyone heard of the two bikes racing yet?
Where you been son?? I have been running 8s on my stock motored zx14 for 2 years .... I have seen an 08 with the same mods as my zx14 ,the rider is very small( 125 pounds) and very skilled pro rider run within a 10th of a second of my times ... His MPH is just a little short of mine also...
hijack.gif

The topic is 08' vs. 08'...

You must not read much about these bikes if your asking this question, in every single comparo of the 08 14 & the 08 busa the testes have said its hard to pick a clear winner,it Will boil down to the rider no doubt about that. as far as a 100% stock busa running in the 8's in the qm somebody is piping smoke up you azz

They are BOTH awsome machines there's no doubt about that. I'd like to own them both like FULL. However where the zx-14 beats the busa from what everyone says (comfort and brakes) we can do mods on the suzuki to improve those areas rather easily (i.e. buell pegs, ss lines, etc.,) But to improve handling and engine on the kawi...
dunno.gif

any bike running 170+ hp is a winner in my book... It was not long ago that a bike with that power was a big $$ factory ride with only the trickest parts...

I like the Busa cult myself... Have not seen the camaraderie of the busa owners in the Kawi ranks.. If the tables were turned and the the Forman grill guys had a group like this, I would be over there
smile.gif

The race? TOSS UP

any bike running 170+ hp is a winner in my book... It was not long ago that a bike with that power was a big $$ factory ride with only the trickest parts...

I like the Busa cult myself...   Have not seen the camaraderie of the busa owners in the Kawi ranks..  If the tables were turned and the the Forman grill guys had a group like this, I would be over there
smile.gif

The race?   TOSS UP
+1

I think it will boil down to personal preferences in comfort and/or asthetics rather than raw performance. YMMV, but I can't imagine stock power difference being THE deciding factor between the two.

-T.O.

Guys it will be all about the rider. Some riders can shift better than others. I am currently in Iraq and I'm doing research. The ZX14 has better brakes and is more comfortable. The Busa is better at handling and engine. If I were to buy a bike for comfort I would get a goldwing. The brakes are always my first upgrade on a bike with new SS brakelines. So for me is the BUSA............. Good luck in your decision.

You guys are all missing the most important factor is this comparison. Obviously the Busa is faster because it comes in the fastest color.......Orange & Black!!!!!!
laugh.gif

Back