08 busa hp bet should i

(LordMax @ Sep. 23 2007,16:47) Not sure about the bet, but I do have a question.. Just exactly how is anyone going to get an accurate dyno HP read if there is no air at high speed being crammed into the air intakes? So the bike may dyno at 170+ with no forced air but what about the forced air? Surely there is a difference and that difference could be a lot. I'm sure the Suzuki stated 198hp at the crank is based on an accurate dyno with air being crammed into the front intakes not a dyno of the bike in some dudes garage with nothing to force the air in. Can you imagine the pressure inside the airbox at 100+ miles an hour.. Is there a way that dyno guys are taking this into consideration? Otherwise your dyno tests are not right. If the front intakes don't add anything why would they be so important to have. I think most people are forgetting that the forced air increases the horsepower by increasing the airbox pressure which will cause the fuel injection to correct itself and dump more fuel.. sitting still with the tire on a roller without the aero end of things could not possible give you an accurate reading.. Do dyno's have a huge fan to simulate this?

I've worked on bikes for years.. studied engineering and drafting.. I just must be missing something on the dyno test.
There is but no way to do it so the tuner has to calulate that in the tune for when the bike is on the road. That's why I don't get worked up about dyno numbers.

Also the official number of 194hp from Suzuki is without the Ram-Air factored in like the Kaw IS rated (198 with it).

<object enableJSURL="false" enableHREF="false" saveEmbedTags="true" allowScriptAccess="never" allownetworking="internal" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="never" allownetworking="internal" height="346" width="430" data="http://lads.myspace.com/videos/vplayer.swf">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" />
<param name="allowNetworking" value="all" />
<param name="movie" value="http://lads.myspace.com/videos/vplayer.swf" />
<param name="flashvars" value="m=1899128&v=2&type=video" />
</object>

(boosted @ Sep. 19 2007,21:31) Need some advice fellows. A guy at the local bike shop{he rides a zx14} wants to bet me $1000.00 that the new 08 busa will not make over 175rwhp{stock} Should I take this bet?
I guess this ends this argument.....  
wink.gif

4143015690.jpg

Back