08 busa hp bet should i

boosted

Registered
Need some advice fellows. A guy at the local bike shop{he rides a zx14} wants to bet me $1000.00 that the new 08 busa will not make over 175rwhp{stock} Should I take this bet?

What kind of dyno and what have 14's put down on it...?

Just bet him it will make more than the 06/07 14 and run quicker times. That's all that matters....
cool.gif

(Got-Busa? @ Sep. 19 2007,19:43) What kind of dyno and what have 14's put down on it...?

Just bet him it will make more than the 06/07 14 and run quicker times.  That's all that matters....
cool.gif
I tried that already, he only want's the 175hp bet.

The 1000 doesn't have as much power as the ZX-10 but it can still run wih it. The Busa has less HP than the ZX-12 but can still hit a higher top speed. The ZX-14 has nearly 15HP more than the Gen-1 Busa and according to an article published last year, the Busa STILL has a higher unrestricted speed (188.6 to 188.3).

IMO, Suzuki doesn't focus on power as much as they focus on aerodynamics. With that said, I think doubt Suzuki will try to trump the 14 with power.

So if I were you, I'd either decline that bet or just make it a modest one ($50). There is too much I can do with $1000 for me to just bet it on such an unknown.

Dynos are too iffy for just a number.

Now say that it'll make 5hp more than a zx14 on back to back runs on the same dyno. That would be worth betting.

If he won't take that bet, than he's just bluffing you anyway. Screw em....

(Charlesbusa @ Sep. 19 2007,22:20) Dynos are too iffy for just a number.

Now say that it'll make 5hp more than a zx14 on back to back runs on the same dyno.  That would be worth betting.

If he won't take that bet, than he's just bluffing you anyway.  Screw em....
+1

Different Dynos can vary 20 horsepower. Most shops use the Dynos to make comparisons of before and after modifications, not necessarily actual numbers. He could through you on a Dyno that's way off. It's probably why he's picking a specific number.
wink.gif

Put the bikes on the same Dyno and compare as per Charlesbusa mentioned above.
beerchug.gif

Plus there's torque to be factored in.
And thrust that rarely gets mentioned.
muscle.gif
Aerodynamics and ----- sorry, getting excited, gotta go for a ride on the Busa!

I wouldn't take the bet because the guys that went to Vegas are talking 10 additional ponies at the rear wheel and that won't add up to 175.

Just tell him with the addition of Suzuki's new and improved BNM (Bold New Mirrors) there will be plenty of room for him out back........
SHOCKED.gif

And thats with or without the Dyno!

(ks-waterbug @ Sep. 20 2007,14:42) Just tell him with the addition of Suzuki's new and improved BNM (Bold New Mirrors) there will be plenty of room for him out back........
SHOCKED.gif

firedevil.gif
super.gif

Tell him to F$%& OFF! Busa riders don't have to sit on Rosie O'Donnell with two wheels. An extra 100hp cant cure FUGLY!
rant.gif

Sorry, had to rant. A guy just moved in across the way with a clapped out 10 yr old ZX-6 and felt the need to come over and "educate" me about his peice of crap. Why do most of these idiots turn owning a motorcycle into a di$% measeuring contest?

(ks-waterbug @ Sep. 20 2007,11:42) Just tell him with the addition of Suzuki's new and improved BNM (Bold New Mirrors) there will be plenty of room for him out back........  
SHOCKED.gif

that is spot on words
jump9.gif

Another issue is no bike is the same. They have a range. So the quoted 198 hp (crank) can very bike to bike. If you happen to get one on the lower end, then you could get screwed.

Besides, what is he trying to prove anyway. It is some sort of self actualization for him or what?

Don

1) I would never bet on something without knowing anything about it. No one but perhaps Barry Henson (and he aint talking yet) or a select few others, knows what the new Busa will perform like. Give it time.

2) I just read on the Dragbike.com link written by Brock that the 194hp quoted to the world is without the assistance of ram air!!! Do with that what you will.
beerchug.gif

tell him if he wants to bet on something, see you at the track. Then it is not about the bike, just about the rider. First one down the strip enough said

Not sure about the bet, but I do have a question.. Just exactly how is anyone going to get an accurate dyno HP read if there is no air at high speed being crammed into the air intakes? So the bike may dyno at 170+ with no forced air but what about the forced air? Surely there is a difference and that difference could be a lot. I'm sure the Suzuki stated 198hp at the crank is based on an accurate dyno with air being crammed into the front intakes not a dyno of the bike in some dudes garage with nothing to force the air in. Can you imagine the pressure inside the airbox at 100+ miles an hour.. Is there a way that dyno guys are taking this into consideration? Otherwise your dyno tests are not right. If the front intakes don't add anything why would they be so important to have. I think most people are forgetting that the forced air increases the horsepower by increasing the airbox pressure which will cause the fuel injection to correct itself and dump more fuel.. sitting still with the tire on a roller without the aero end of things could not possible give you an accurate reading.. Do dyno's have a huge fan to simulate this?

I've worked on bikes for years.. studied engineering and drafting.. I just must be missing something on the dyno test.

Back