busa in a box no more

busa matt

Registered
well guys i finally got my busa in a box back together and back on the road. its an 06 with a 1397, the usual mods, with exhaust and air filter, etc., and she had a blown transmission. so i found a trans on flea bay, got some billet shift shafts and new forks from schnitz and put the engine back together and threw her in yesterday. i buttoned it up this morning and my brother came over and we took her out...........i was shocked. fast is not the word. friggin scary! besides one mishap (forgot to tighten up a hoseclamp resulting in puked antifreeze all over) everything went extremely well and am very happy to have my busa on the road. it has been three long weeks driving a cage and am happy as a pig in sh*t to be back on two wheels again!

wow you guys are tough! i have not taken any pics with my camera yet as it has been in pieces. it is raining now but i will be sure to take pics of her tomorrow and post them up for yall. i got her out for about an hour this morning and man i wish i would have gotten one of these a long long time ago.

Yeah, I'd be out riding instead of taking pictures too !!!

However you did find time to post this up :poke::laugh:

Glad you're rollin !!

Glad to hear.
What caused the tranny to blow ? I know the extra CID and HP came into play, but did 2nd go ? and do you speed shift or have a air/electric shifter ? do you wheelie alot ?

Last edited:
ok here we go, as promised here are some pics. the first are the way i picked it up three weeks ago and the others this weekend and today.

matts phone pics 088.jpg

matts phone pics 089.jpg

matts phone pics 097.jpg

matts phone pics 091.jpg

matts phone pics 095.jpg

Glad to hear.
What caused the tranny to blow ? I know the extra CID and HP came into play, but did 2nd go ? and do you speed shift or have a air/electric shifter ? do you wheelie alot ?

i am not sure what caused it to blow. p.o. did it. and yes it broke a tooth off of second gear and that tooth kinda screwed up another gear on the input shaft. i picked her up in pieces because he could not afford to fix it, so i traded him my tl1000r for it and fixed her up. it needs a little tlc but nothing major.

Back