Busa for sale?

Rauzer

Donating Member
Registered
I'm about 75% sure I'm going to sell my 06 LE. I just dont find it comfortable for the kind of riding I do, and will be doing. I sat on a 2011 Ninja 1000 today and it felt great. I bought my wife a Ninja 650R and she's taking the Riders Edge course in July. I know I wont be comfortable cruising around with her on the Busa. The Ninja seems like a better commuter for me and the once a month back road romp I do with some friends.

So, KBB is showing $4780 for a trade. When I was debating about this in the winter, someone commented that I should offer it up here as there arent all that many LE's running around, so thats what I would like to do. It seems that sport bikes are selling high in the used market around here, Baltimore MD. So whats a reasonable price? The bike has 12,XXX miles, PCIII tuned by HPC, black rims, GSXR-1000 master cylinder, Galfer brake lines, EBC HH Sintered brakes, chain replaced less than 4k miles ago, tires are alright still, Muzzy fan, Mobil full synthetic. Not sure what else is important. Can some folks make some suggestions on prices? PM or email me at LS1ownz@hotmail.com if you're interested in it. I've got a ton of pics and can give my cell if you want to chat about it. Thanks!

Jeff

Check completed listings on ebay, local cycletrader/craigslist and KBB/NADA for refernce values. Then set your price accordingly: lower than median if you're in a rush or right smack in the middle if you can wait.

Spotted this Gen 2 for sale on our local marketplace website . .
Full Carbon!!!
But the price is up there, in USD its $12,828 at current rates.
What the Americans here think of the price considering the great setup?

Spotted this Gen 2 for sale on our local marketplace website . .
Full Carbon!!!
But the price is up there, in USD its $12,828 at current rates.

This Canadian sees this as a decent price....

I priced out all the CF for my bike along with rims at one time and decided it was too costly for me....this bike has all that and Ohlins...

If one were to buy a used Gen 2 in this condition and then buy all the upgraded components, they would be well over that price when all said and done...

This Canadian sees this as a decent price....

I priced out all the CF for my bike along with rims at one time and decided it was too costly for me....this bike has all that and Ohlins...

If one were to buy a used Gen 2 in this condition and then buy all the upgraded components, they would be well over that price when all said and done...
Exactly my thoughts on this too.
I’m interested in this bike but I really don’t want to lash out 21K at this point in my life… I’m going to sell my V Strom but would still need to stump up another 8k…
But it sure is tempting . . .
Tempt You GIF by Covert Affairs

1709460606973.png

The bike is an old school version! You gotta get it!

Full Carbon!!!

Not only do you want the side stand mod but also a gyroscope to keep the bike up when you are not around. Just sayin'...

The price is awesome particularly in this new climate of escalated vehicle prices. I would be curious about the story behind this well-loved bike.

. . . I would be curious about the story behind this well-loved bike.
I’m curious about the story behind the bike also.. it has a mph speedo but is a NZ new sold bike which is weird because all bikes in NZ are kilometres per hour Kph speedos.
BUT.. I have seen occasionally Canadian import bikes sold new here and they are in mph (I think? Correct me if I’m wrong)
Anyway, I’m going to speak to the sales manager at the shop it’s at on Monday and will find out more about it.
I reckon it’s a good price ( for the buyer) considering the money that’s been shovelled into it with all the carbon etc.
Gotta be drug money surely, I mean who would spend that much hard earned cash on a bike… not me lol.

I’m curious about the story behind the bike also.. it has a mph speedo but is a NZ new sold bike which is weird because all bikes in NZ are kilometres per hour Kph speedos.
BUT.. I have seen occasionally Canadian import bikes sold new here and they are in mph (I think? Correct me if I’m wrong)
Anyway, I’m going to speak to the sales manager at the shop it’s at on Monday and will find out more about it.
I reckon it’s a good price ( for the buyer) considering the money that’s been shovelled into it with all the carbon etc.
Gotta be drug money surely, I mean who would spend that much hard earned cash on a bike… not me lol.
Canadian bikes haven't had MPH on their speedos for decades and even then the MPH was in small numbers on the inside ring....

Canadian bikes haven't had MPH on their speedos for decades and even then the MPH was in small numbers on the inside ring....
I remember in the mid 90’s we had a batch of Canadian GSXR1100 water cooled (96ish) bikes sold in the local Suzuki dealers and they had mph speedos, I’m pretty sure. And you’re right about them being dual kmh and mph on the dials, but they were mph on the odometer.
That was a like almost 30 years ago…
Where did the years go?
Seems like yesterday lol

I remember in the mid 90’s we had a batch of Canadian GSXR1100 water cooled (96ish) bikes sold in the local Suzuki dealers and they had mph speedos, I’m pretty sure. And you’re right about them being dual kmh and mph on the dials, but they were mph on the odometer.
That was a like almost 30 years ago…
Where did the years go?
Seems like yesterday lol
Even my '85 GSXRs had KPH only speedos on them, Canada adopted the metric system in the late '70s.

Some bikes had the mph in small numbers on the inside of the dial but all the odometers would have been in kms

Back