Busa Crash

Discussion in 'Videos' started by KHBUSA, Jun 20, 2016.

1. KHBUSA

KHBUSA Registered

Contests won:
    Hello guys,

What do you think what is rider did wrong?

2. nosbig

nosbig Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Shawn
    Looks like he was riding past his skill level. That's also what happens when you don't have your suspension set up properly.

Side note, bet he wishes he had put on his jacket before he left the house.

kucuy and Ezz1r like this.
  3. 13013

13013 Registered

Contests won:
    More speed than lean

Ezz1r likes this.
  4. c10

c10 Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Bryan
    Just understanding that sentence is difficult sir . Did you mean to say ? What do you think the rider did wrong ?

First one should note tunnels are very bad slick places were coolant , oil , water never see the light of day or the work of mother nature flushing the debris off by rain fall . Second your on a high torque machine cranked over applying throttle .
    1+2= disaster Your very lucky it didn't end up under the front/rear wheels of the car . From watching the video one can also see from point of sparks , road marks you were near center of the lane that gets more oil drips than any other place in the lane.
    I would highly recommend two things . Wear more gear , and pull the video if you plan on a insurance claim . Hope you not to beat up from the toss

VIPER and nosbig like this.
  5. sixpack577

sixpack577 Top Gun Registered

Contests won:
    The slow motion crash music was awesome
    Think I heard it on c.h.i.p.s

nosbig likes this.
  6. Narcissus

Narcissus Hayabusa Immortal Moderator Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Paul McCloskey
    Hard to tell if he made contact with the car and went down or slid on the white line.

7. CBXRider

CBXRider Donating Member Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Terry
    I can't see why his rear slipped out. Didn't appear to be going too fast for the curve but maybe he lacked...nerve.

8. Derrick0580

Derrick0580 Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Derrick
    I'm guessing either slipped on the painted line or there was something on the road. Didn't appear to be riding too fast for that gentle curve....makes no sense, maybe he was just a newb

9. VIPER

VIPER Formerly known as viperblackbusa. Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Art
    watch the vid closely...it looks like he found a wet spot on the pavement....that was a lowside for sure...

10. MC MUSTANG

MC MUSTANG Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9 Staff Member Administrator Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Shawn Hughes
    I think one of two things happened:
    1. He had a bad line for the curve/speed and looked like he was on line to connect with the car, tried to lean and tucked the front.
    2. Gassed the rear out from underneath him.

It didn't look to me like he slid, before lowsiding... sucks about the crash, but looked like he was okay - but...GEAR... just saying.

Ezz1r likes this.
  11. Busashot

Busashot Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Steve
    The best I could see was he started accelerating in the turn. This was causing him to have to lean more or else he would collide with that car that he eventually did anyway after sliding it down.

12. skydivr

skydivr Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes Donating Member

Contests won:
    No brake light, so he didn't grab the brakes. I suspect something in the lane. It was in the CENTER of the lane, not where tires normally run, so I'll bet some coolant, oil etc....kind of tire might also play into it at that lean angle...

13. Blackmax

Blackmax Registered

Contests won:
    Looks like the front tire washed out when he tried to lean more

14. shade

shade Registered

Contests won:
    totally looks like he hit the car. the rear of the car appears to rise up

15. c10

c10 Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Bryan
    guy has not been back since last month . Going to guess he didnt like the answers

16. Wayne Fine

Wayne Fine Registered

Contests won:
    a wet spot, maybe?
    o.png

17. RedBull

RedBull Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Red
    Junk tire & pebbles in the road near the solid white line ~ nobody changes lanes in a tunnel & all the loose junk gathers there .

skydivr likes this.
  18. Busashot

Busashot Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Steve
    I looked over that video at least 20 times. Slow mo, etc. 2 possible things in my opinion. One he was still going a little too quick through the corner and end up leaning more cause it appeared to me that he was drifting towards the car. First hand experience as well as seeing it many times this is common mistake. Second is he was leaned over on the painted arrow on the street and if that arrow is somewhat raised over the road (we are talking millmeters here) and usually a smoother texture that could cause a sudden slip.

I am taking my original thought and sticking with it. Rider error. As suggested by the FAA investigators. LOL

19. captain

captain Dis in my way! Staff Member Administrator

Contests won:
    Ask MC_Mustang how slick those yellow lines are!

20. jch364

jch364 Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    jeff
    maybe some target fixation thrown in for good measure. dont think its just coincidence that he went for the car. but all listed above could play a part