Busa Crash

Looks like he was riding past his skill level. That's also what happens when you don't have your suspension set up properly.

Side note, bet he wishes he had put on his jacket before he left the house.

What do you think what is rider did wrong?
Just understanding that sentence is difficult sir . Did you mean to say ? What do you think the rider did wrong ?

First one should note tunnels are very bad slick places were coolant , oil , water never see the light of day or the work of mother nature flushing the debris off by rain fall . Second your on a high torque machine cranked over applying throttle .
1+2= disaster Your very lucky it didn't end up under the front/rear wheels of the car . From watching the video one can also see from point of sparks , road marks you were near center of the lane that gets more oil drips than any other place in the lane.
I would highly recommend two things . Wear more gear , and pull the video if you plan on a insurance claim . Hope you not to beat up from the toss

Hard to tell if he made contact with the car and went down or slid on the white line.

I can't see why his rear slipped out. Didn't appear to be going too fast for the curve but maybe he lacked...nerve.

I'm guessing either slipped on the painted line or there was something on the road. Didn't appear to be riding too fast for that gentle curve....makes no sense, maybe he was just a newb

watch the vid closely...it looks like he found a wet spot on the pavement....that was a lowside for sure...

I think one of two things happened:
1. He had a bad line for the curve/speed and looked like he was on line to connect with the car, tried to lean and tucked the front.
2. Gassed the rear out from underneath him.

It didn't look to me like he slid, before lowsiding... sucks about the crash, but looked like he was okay - but...GEAR... just saying.

The best I could see was he started accelerating in the turn. This was causing him to have to lean more or else he would collide with that car that he eventually did anyway after sliding it down.

No brake light, so he didn't grab the brakes. I suspect something in the lane. It was in the CENTER of the lane, not where tires normally run, so I'll bet some coolant, oil etc....kind of tire might also play into it at that lean angle...

a wet spot, maybe?
o.png

No brake light,
so he didn't grab the brakes.

I suspect something in the lane.

It was in the CENTER of the lane,
not where tires normally run,
so I'll bet some coolant, oil etc . . .

Kind of tire might also play into it at that lean angle . . .

Junk tire & pebbles in the road near the solid white line ~ nobody changes lanes in a tunnel & all the loose junk gathers there .

I looked over that video at least 20 times. Slow mo, etc. 2 possible things in my opinion. One he was still going a little too quick through the corner and end up leaning more cause it appeared to me that he was drifting towards the car. First hand experience as well as seeing it many times this is common mistake. Second is he was leaned over on the painted arrow on the street and if that arrow is somewhat raised over the road (we are talking millmeters here) and usually a smoother texture that could cause a sudden slip.

I am taking my original thought and sticking with it. Rider error. As suggested by the FAA investigators. LOL

maybe some target fixation thrown in for good measure. dont think its just coincidence that he went for the car. but all listed above could play a part

Back