Busa Backfiring

Cuffee

Donating Member
Registered
Yesterday I rode my Busa into work. I notice that withing the first 10 minutes of the ride, I heard my Busa backfire. Specifically, my Busa backfired when I was downshifting. Has anyone had a similar occurance? I only have 4800 miles. Should I worry? Thanks,
D-

Ok, IF the bike is bone stock I would suggest plugging the pair valve! If the bike is not stock I need more info.........
wink.gif

Like KS said, have you changed out anything like the exhaust?

have you ate any ZX-10's lately, they have been known to cause a bit of indigestion.......
No seroiusly I would not know where to start with a stock Busa backfiring.....Has the air box been modified?

Yesterday was the first time that it's happened. It was early in the morning, about 40 degrees. The bike was still in the process of warming up. It didn't backfire the rest of the day.

Cuffee, your bike is bone stock and it was trying to let you know what it wants to sound like.......LOL
Its tired of having a plug in its mouth and a baffle in it's a$$....
So it's rebeling..............:p
Dont sweat it....the air yesterday was quite crisp and very chilly outside earlier in the day.....that'll make the bike do sumthin wierd like that until the cylinder temperature gets up....... alot of times the exhaust headers will heat up faster than the cylinders so you get some raw fuel pushed into the exhaust and it detonates in the exhaust....BOOMMMMMM.......

Pair Valve is the culprit in my op! You can remove and plug or I've heard you can plug the lines under the tank..... This will eliminate your problem
smile.gif

I guess my question would be why would the pair cause that problem with a stock exhaust? It's the first thing that comes to my mind also, but just doesn't seem to make sense.

back to the pair valve for a sec.... I dont want to go through the pain in the buttocks to pull the thing off, can I just simply plug the port on the bottom R side of the air box and get the same affect
rock.gif

JC of anyone else know?

I had thought about the possibility of air leaking in from the pair valve hose assembly... Just trying to keep it simple! JC is the head wrench here at the Org! I'm pretty sure you can block off the pair valve by plugging up the hose under the tank. This would be easier in my op than removing and plugging the pair valves.....

Are you sure your fuel quality is ok
rock.gif

Have you checked your spark plugs recently
rock.gif

rock.gif

Johnny Cheese you the man!! My buddy just bought an 04 busa had the same problem when i road it. I so i checked the header , and it was lose. problem fixed. and you know what i would have never thought of that im always looking for somthing complicated.
Thanks cheese
race.gif

Back