Picked up my track bike

And, the four bike trailer (Wells Cargo) is coming

Great choice for a second bike Oracle. I wanted to ask if you found a local dealer for your Wells Cargo, as I'm looking to buy a 2 bike trailer for my long distant adventures next year. Seems, I'm following in your footsteps ... same color bikes, same dyno tuner ...
smile.gif
[/QUOTE]
haven't found a trailer dealer yet... Bein' kinda lazy, since my buddy has 4 trailers (none covered though). The same buddy is buying an RV for our track days!!!

To truely follow in me footsteps, you gotta come riding with us crazies baby!

Maybe in the Spring.

-Rip

Most cops wouldn't know the friggin' difference between a busa and a SV anyway.
wink.gif
I'm with ya on that one... But, in MD, our registration only says Suzuki MC. I dunno what info they get from the radio, but that is golden!

So, I pull out my busa registration and it says 2003 Suzuki MC... Now the officer needs to know the difference between a 2001 and 2003 SV650.

Good odds in my favor me thinks.

Anyway, I just wanted to test her out a bit before taking her to the track... She runs like a princess... Can't wait to race! Got my NESBA number: 922 and number plate stickers... So, it is official... The Ripper is a road razzah!

-Vaughn

Right on! Don't forget to take a photographer with you so you can post pics of you burnin' up the track with that SV!
biggrin.gif

And here she is stripped down some... Removed all of the lights, signals, reflectors, body panels, passenger pegs, etc...

after.jpg

Here is what is coming in the next week or so:
- Sharkskinz
- Rebuilding the front forks with springs, valves, and fluid
- Safety Wiring components
- Racing brake pads
- Steel Brake lines
- Scott's Steering Damper
- Woodcraft rearset
- Michelin Pilot Race H2's
- Full suspension tune by professionals

I will post pics as things are updated... I can't wait for Road Atlanta in March!!!

When you start doing track days and racing NESBA usually has a photographer at the track. You can then purchase prints from from them. My cousin went to his first track day this year at Road America and these are the links to Slider Photo. This will give you an idea of the pictures they take. The first is the main page, and the second is to my cousins pics (#24).

Slider Photo

Cousin Ronnie at Road America

You are going to have way too much fun with that bike.
biggrin.gif

Aaaaahhhh!  Memories!!! Looks like he's scaping engine parts in that one pic.. and the one on the WHITE LINE! YIKES!

To the average Joe reading and thinking, "whats the big deal bout track days??"  or  "Man, that's cool... I could NEVER ride on a track like that..."  The big deal is: it is 10X the fun of street riding, and maybe 10x safer too!  I felt more in tune with my cycle than I EVER have before, and ever will, on the street.  You can do so much more on a track.  And, yes you CAN ride on a track... for free with nesba.com or pay for starter classes like $190 - seem like alot?  no way!  You'd pay double or triple that if you'd know how much fun it was!  SERIOUS.  A Busa is kinda fat on a track but still gobs of fun. Take it from me, because I have said both, "whats the big deal bout track days??"  or  "Man, that's cool... I could NEVER ride on a track like that..."

Oracle, I remember posting your big story about your track day!  Great stuff.  See they got you hook, line, sinker.  Me too.  I'm getting Busa prepped over the winter and gonna hit the track(s) next season.  What a ride!!!

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: "still not tellin"|1070686444 -->

Just remember...one thing, your insurance will not pay for a bike you wrecked on the track unless you specifically talk to them about adding that to your policy, but they might just flat refuse. I believe the AMA may have a program though... Or at least some direction.

WWJD - My cousin said that as the day went on, ne learned more about his weight transfer and hanging off the seat, so he was able to rail it without leaning as much. He did scrape a few times though.
biggrin.gif

I'll get there one of these days. It just may be a while.

Oracle, I didn't catch whether or not you were going to be racing or just doing track days? Either way good luck to you out there.

Oracle, I didn't catch whether or not you were going to be racing or just doing track days?  Either way good luck to you out there.
Marc,

This season will prolly consist of track days and training... Hoping to start racing next season (2005).

During 2004 I also plan to do several cornerworking days, pit loitering, etc.

-Rip

Put the SV in the shop today for the final racing preps...

http://www.fastlanecycles.com in Chantilly, VA.

They are gonna put on my M4 high-mount exhaust, re-jet and tune, rebuild my front forks, and add an Ohlin to the rear.

I will get it back in two weeks, when I will post picks of the primer colored Sharkskinz and high-mount...  Then, I will post painted fairing and tail section pics.

Can't wait for fair weather and some track dayz!

I hope all is well with everyone...

-Rip

<!--EDIT|The Oracle
Reason for Edit: None given...|1073534920 -->

I got my SV back on Saturday from the shop... Here it is with the primer colored plastics on. I removed the plastics yesterday and sent them off to be painted! They will be marbalized red. I think it looks very COo.oOL, and can't wait to see them re-mounted.

left_side.jpg

Here is a scan of my dyno sheet. The lower line is before he put in stage 1 jets and calibrated... Notice the nasty bogging dips during 2nd and 3rd gears. I was told it was running REALLY lean and this was why it as bogging. Anyway, it feels 100% better now! I can't wait to get out on the track in March and see how she runs... I might have to break 'er out on some back country road for a spin.

-Rip

dyno.jpg

i want to get and SV650S this spring for my first bike. so this is cool that you are doin all this stuff. how doies the M$ high mount sound. ive seen em and they are a great price. looks great man

i want to get and SV650S this spring for my first bike. so this is cool that you are doin all this stuff. how doies the M$ high mount sound. ive seen em and they are a great price. looks great man
I think the M4 sounds very cool!  Much deeper and throaty...  Kinda "bllluuurrrbbbbyyy" sounding.  I love the V-twin sound.

I think the SV is an excellent choice for a beginner bike!

<!--EDIT|The Oracle
Reason for Edit: None given...|1075145015 -->

Ok, the body work came back painted (Thanks Ben and friends!)... Ben, Dan, and I worked all day yesterday doing the final preps for my machine! We safety wired drain bolts, drained the coolant and changed it to water, etc... Here is the final product...

20040207_Right.jpg

Back