Buddy finally got a bike!!

KanjiBusa

Seizures Suck!
Donating Member
Registered
My friend that I have known since I was 5 FINALLY got a motorcycle, it has been a long time that I have been nagging him and his mom.
biggrin.gif
he has been browsing around trying to find his IDEAL bike, and he found it on ebay. It was a local seller, who uses Smithers Customs!!! It was hella exciting. We picked it up yesterday. Congratulation Canaan!! He has ridden dirt bikes with me, and he rode a 600rr before this. I am a bit nervous for him, just because he doesnt have the experience I have on the roads. I am watching him very carefully....One thing I tore him apart for when we came to a stop was, He was using only two fingers to brake. He is still used to the dirtbikes. I told him NEVER to do that. Hes getting better.

It is a 2005 R1 Raven with 6000 miles on it (paid 9200)
It has Vortex black rearsets
Galfer Wave rotors
Race Exhaust
Lowered 2inches
GPR Damper
Pilot Powers with only 50 miles on them
Flush turn signal fairings
Integrated tail LED turn signals
Solo Cowl
Puig Double bubble screen
SS brake lines, HBC HH pads

f904_12.JPG

f9ed_12.JPG

DSC00612.JPG

Jeremy, tell your friend he bought a great lookin bike! Hope he will join us for some rides this summer.
beerchug.gif

Definately, This bike is incredible, it looks SOOOOOO good lowered..omg looks incredible. The guy had bought it for 7200 a year ago, took it to smithers customs, and had about 6000 worth of work, and paint done to it. It was a steal

That bike is just awesome looking. That is what my wife wants, not necessarily the style but the look. Man that thing is hot!

Nice ride.
super.gif
Tell him no more posing with the fonzie thumbs up in that leather jacket
jump9.gif

180px-Fonzie.jpg

(heavybusa @ Apr. 10 2007,12:08) Nice ride.  
super.gif
  Tell him no more posing with the fonzie thumbs up in that leather jacket
jump9.gif

180px-Fonzie.jpg
Too fuggin' funny, HB...what a great crack!
laugh.gif

tell him it is a sexy looking R1. I rode my buddies when he bought his and that thing is a beast when it come to Power tell him to be careful front end comes up really easy with a flip of the trottle. Seen plenty of guys wad those Bad A$$ R1 due to not knowing the HP the R1 has. But also tell him Busa is still faster.
super.gif

05_LTD.JPG

Forgot to mention to keep watching out for him and tell him to be careful.

(KanjiBusa @ Apr. 10 2007,13:50) One thing I tore him apart for when we came to a stop was, He was using only two fingers to brake. He is still used to the dirtbikes. I told him NEVER to do that. Hes getting better.
I only use 2 fingers to brake on the Busa, I can't imagine with the really good brakes on the R1 and him grabbing a handful of brake and it could be bye bye. Not sure about that advice.

Ok, I have to correct you, have you ever slammed on the brakes before? Most likely you used all four fingers, with four fingers you have more control over amount of pressure applied in split second manuvers. With two fingers you cannot judge as well, causing under braking, or way to much. Four fingers=more control. If I am wrong then someone else chime in. two fingers are used in motocross because they have to constantly be on the throttle. and every move is predicted

wow like the all black look and all those goodies on it. Hope he can handle it I am sure he can if he rides dirt bikes well. Don't do too many wheelies.
super.gif

Back