Broken LCD Screen

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
So without going into too many details (too painful)

I have a 32 inch LCD TV. it is about 7 months old..

Something hit the screen and cracked it.

Warranty wont cover it.

Even if I had an extended warranty it would be covered.

home owners insurance wont cover it, and even if they did I have a $500.00 deductable and the tv cost $900.00 brand new. probably not worth trying to claim even if I could.

I called a repair center and they said the cost of the LCD screen itself is pretty much the cost of the tv, they said if they replaced the screen, added in labor and tax it would be cheaper to buy a new one..

It kills me to think I have to just throw this thing in the trash. makes me want to puke..

Does anyone know if there are any other options? anyone know if any discount places to purchase a replacement screen?

Anyone have ANY options at all? or is it just trashed, except it and move on?

Planning on making a dump run soon.. I will give this thread a week or so to see if anyone has any ideas. then it is off to the dump I guess..

Prices are already coming down on LCD TV's, THrasher.  I just saw a 32" going for $699 at Walmart online and $639 at Buy.com. If you can hold out wait til after x-mas the prices will be sweeter I bet.

(300Busa @ Nov. 24 2006,20:18) sell it on ebay for parts and go buy a new one.
+1, sell it as is on ebay. Make it a reasonably priced offer so atleast you get something for it. Then put that towards a new LCD. Leme know if you need help picking one out, I can point you in the right direction.
beerchug.gif

i think the only plausible option you would have is to put it on ebay and sell it as damanged & get what you can out of it. i know from a repair man here that it is cheaper also to buy a new one. put it on flea bay, you will get something out of it.

If you put it on a credit card, check and see if they offer any type of extended warranty. Many double the warranty and offer theft, loss and accidental damage protection.

(Turbo-Torch @ Nov. 25 2006,06:12) If you put it on a credit card, check and see if they offer any type of extended warranty.  Many double the warranty and offer theft, loss and accidental damage protection.
Sound familiar Ron
rock.gif
we went on a ride last week and I mentioned that
wink.gif

(BA BUSA @ Nov. 25 2006,09:39)
(Turbo-Torch @ Nov. 25 2006,06:12) If you put it on a credit card, check and see if they offer any type of extended warranty. Many double the warranty and offer theft, loss and accidental damage protection.
Sound familiar Ron
rock.gif
wink.gif
Yes, and my response was I used my best buy card to make the purchase not a regular credit card..

So I dont have any options in that department since it is best buy's warranty that does not cover stupidity on my end
biggrin.gif

(thrasherfox @ Nov. 25 2006,09:48)
(BA BUSA @ Nov. 25 2006,09:39)
(Turbo-Torch @ Nov. 25 2006,06:12) If you put it on a credit card, check and see if they offer any type of extended warranty.  Many double the warranty and offer theft, loss and accidental damage protection.
Sound familiar Ron
rock.gif
wink.gif
Yes, and my response was I used my best buy card to make the purchase not a regular credit card..

So I dont have any options in that department since it is best buy's warranty that does not cover stupidity on my end
biggrin.gif
Did you read your Best Buy agreement very carefully...fine print and all
rock.gif

rock.gif

Back