Brocks exhaust question....

luded1

Registered
Hey guys.... I am trying to decide between the Brocks AH or the Shortmeg.... and besides the basic shape, what is the difference?? Does anyone have or can take some pics of the two?? How about sound clips?? I did some basic searching but could not find any info. THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE WITH MY IGNORANCE ;)

I just got the AH put on. I was told that the only difference was shape. So that is a matter of what you prefer. As far as sound, I am absolutely in love with it.
heart.gif

The purr (load one at that) in 3rd going down the highway is great. Keep in mind it will be a lot louder than stock. It also does a ton for the way the bike handles. It seems a lot more nimble. That could either be the loss in weight or me losing it in the head.
I am glad I went with that.
About the only small gripe is that it smells rich. I have a PC3 on it with the street map but i still think it isn't quite right. Taking it to Smithers Customs for a little dyno work here next week
Ill post pics as soon as I can find my camera

BS

Here is the first pic. As far as sound, check out this...
This is pretty much it, just a lot louder in person.

BS

Ah2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah...i heard that youtube clip before.... but that seems to be the only soundclip that I could find
sad.gif

The short megs baffle can be removed for racing.....I have a friend that is a Brock dealer and he has had both on his bike. He said that he can not tell any difference in the sound between the two.

One of Brocks techs told me the Alien Head is slightly louder while the ShortMeg is slightly deeper.
dunno.gif
I prefer the looks of the ShortMeg over the Alien Head. Love the sound!
super.gif

pipe.jpg

Fast08..... thanks for the pic!!! Looking good!!! If you get a chance... could you get a side shot directly even with the front pegs straight on of the whole bike ;)

KINDA LIKE MY AVATAR, really wanna see all the angles of the pipe on your and my "FASTEST COLOR BLUE BIKE" ;)

I got the AH myself. And no matter how many times I have tried to make sound clips of it, they simply DON'T do it justice. I also got the PC III mapped with the street map direct from Brocks. And I'm extremely happy with it. I have a few more little tricks I wanna do to it to get me the most out of it, and I'm doing it slowly but surely. I already have the fastest thing around my town, but I don't want anyone to even THINK about pulling next to me. Sorry, a little greedy...I know.

I have been debating about posting this, but here goes. The Brock alien head is dangerous in my opinion. I makes great power, but there have been 2 other people I know of that have burned themselves. This photo is my brand new boot on the first pass with the AH. I drag race my bike, and generally don't worry about getting my feet on the pegs immediatly. I am now healing from second degree burns on my foot, ankle, and up my leg. Its been well over a month. The location of the pipe directly behind the pegs is dangerous in my opinion if you are used to leaving the line with your feet behind the bike during a launch. This happened in less than 3 seconds. I called Brock, and asked to swap out for a megaphone. He gave me the same price I can get anywere. For that price, I am going with a different brand. Very disapointed. Again, great power, but be very carefull. This can cause permanant damage to your body. Even Brock admitted that he knows of at least one other customer that has gotten burned. I generally wouldn't flame a vendor, but the response to a legitimate concern sucked. For those of you who think, JUST DONT PUT YOUR FEET BACK THERE, fine. That's obvious. For racers who buy these things because you whant the best ET, BE WARNED.

burned_up_boot.JPG

Back