From Yoshimura too Brock`s

Govang

Registered
I have a 2008 Busa with Yoshimura R-77 exhaust, I want more aggressive sound in the bike ...
Maybe Brock`s Alien Head or ShortMeg.
Do any of Brock's muffler`s fit with the exhaust pipe from Yoshimura?
Or do I have to buy full system from Brock`s?

IMG_0481  10.jpg

i doubt it will fit directly but im sure you could just buy the short meg muffler and with some fab/cutting work get it to fit.
you could also cut and shorten your yoshi to have a smaller and louder muffler
or finally you can just take off your yosh and sell it and buy a brocks

I first put the Yoshis on my 08 when I first got it new. A female in my MC got an 08 shortly after I had. She went with the Brock's setup and the first time I heard it, I was smitten. Sold my yoshis on these boards at 1k miles and never looked back. I've had the full Brock's exhaust since. If you are able to do fab work and the such, then you could try and do it that way. These companies spend a ton of money on R&D and I just assume go with the parts that they made for it than trying to shortcut it. That's just me though. I've had the Alienhead for four years now and still smile when I crank her up.

Yeah I agree, Brocks is at the top of its game right now. If your not worried about performance and just want a better sound you can hack your can or just buy those GP slip on shorty exhausts that are loud 4 no reason :laugh:

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I want to just replace muffler if possible.
The reason is that the bike is in Thailand at my resort, and I live in Norway.
It is not easy to find parts for Hayabusa in Thailand! I have to bring all the parts with me on the plane when I go on holiday from Norway.
Full exhaust system is a lot to bring with me and if I should sell the old exhaust I have to bring it back to Norway for sell :-)
Easiest for me is if I can change only muffler. I really like the sound of Brock's exhaust!

What about Yoshimura R55, anyone who has heard both? Is R55 much more quiet than Brock `s?
I am most concerned about the sound, not power. (the bike is more than fast enough in Thailand's crazy traffic ...)

Yeah as much as I am not a fan of loud exhaust. I love my brocks alien head. Every time I get on the bike, I feel like a squid.

I would absolutely NOT suggest the ShortMeg... as amazing as it sounded, it was extremely annoying on the highway or any time when cruise. A constant buzz, it drove me crazy. I have the 4-1 R77 just like you, switched to Brocks SM, then after a month switched back to the R77 (Happy I held on to it) sold the SM.

I can't speak the same for the Alien Head, it is a little milder than the ShortMeg from what most Org members say.

Just my .02c

I have the Yoshi R55 (for sale too ??? in classifieds), they sound great! Great sound all the way around but not punishing for cruising like a Brocks IMO. Mine will ring your right ear when your getting on it! With all this said, I'm buying a Brock's but only for the racing aspect and ground clearance (sidewinder).

Back