Brock to loud?

Ruth|ess

Donating Member
Registered
This exhaust sounds sooooo mean I've decided to get it... My problem is I KNOW I'll wanna ride around w/o the silencer... So the question is can you putt around town in high gears to keep the noise down? We have some nasty cops out here dealing with a street racing scene.... Also what adout 55mph highway in 6th gear.. how loud is she?? Thanks guys!!!!  
beerchug.gif

edit: Btw I have the video sound clip of it just haven't heard it on the road...
all_coholic.gif

It's pretty loud.
I was worried the entire time riding around about getting pulled over so I just keep the baffle in.
Still sounds good IMO.

Thx for a quick reply... Anyone actually get pulled over?? out here in maryland we have a 40 to 1 ratio with harleys and loud pipes.. Dunno if they will pick on us if we are being nice...

(Pipefighter248 @ Jun. 09 2007,07:36) If I didn't just strip out my extra ram ball yesterday, I could of got you some on board footage.  
all_coholic.gif
awww man
eek2.gif
thats cool bro... what is it like in 6th gear around 55mph?? loud as crap?

anyone eles know of a on board video street riding??

(Ruth|ess @ Jun. 09 2007,10:38)
(Pipefighter248 @ Jun. 09 2007,07:36) If I didn't just strip out my extra ram ball yesterday, I could of got you some on board footage.
all_coholic.gif
awww man
eek2.gif
thats cool bro... what is it like in 6th gear around 55mph?? loud as crap?

anyone eles know of a on board video street riding??
If I can maybe get dad out to ride today, I can do some fly-bys, but no onboard.

That would be great!.. If you do get to do it can you do 1 kinda slow like trying to make it quite but still on the gas?
beerchug.gif

(Ruth|ess @ Jun. 09 2007,10:41) That would be great!.. If you do get to do it can you do 1 kinda slow like trying to make it quite but still on the gas?
beerchug.gif
I'll do some full on throttle, cruising by at 55 in 6th; with and without magaphone.
Have to make sure about weather and if dad can sneak out for a while.

Be sure to also get it tuned if you plan on running without a baffle.
Brocks map is decent with the baffle in, but once I took it out it had a real flat spot from2500-4000 or so RPM.

(Pipefighter248 @ Jun. 09 2007,07:44) Be sure to also get it tuned if you plan on running without a baffle.
Brocks map is decent with the baffle in, but once I took it out it had a real flat spot from2500-4000 or so RPM.
They don't have a race map or something of that nature for the silencer out?? Was kinda hoping to stay off the dyno... Thought if you bought the pipe and pc3 from them your hooked up..

Dude, it is way loud...... if you hit the throttle at all and a cop is near he is gonna pull you over, but it also depends on your local noise ordinance...... I had no problem pulling out the baffle in regards to power loss of flat spot though, I actually picked up 2 MPH at the track...?
rock.gif
race.gif

(TALYN @ Jun. 09 2007,07:54) Dude, it is way loud...... if you hit the throttle at all and a cop is near he is gonna pull you over, but it also depends on your local noise ordinance...... I had no problem pulling out the baffle in regards to power loss of flat spot though, I actually picked up 2 MPH at the track...?
rock.gif

race.gif
Well I guess it would just be a fix it ticket and i could put it back in
crazy.gif
Maybe once I fire it up ill smartin up and leave it in hehe.

Nice list of mods man what is your best time??

My first and only pass on my stock 06 le was 11.00 at 134
crazy.gif

hump off and tire pressure normal... It worked out ok though as the anouncer used me to tell people without full leathers your not allowed to go faster then 11.00.. Maybe people in the stands thought I was making a joke out of it running a 10 second mph
all_coholic.gif

crazy.gif

Way too loud for me, it is that annoying pitch at highway speeds that rumbles around in your helmet and drives you crazy. As for pulling in and out of neighborhoods, forget about it, you going to get the cops called on you. I keep mine out at the strip and in on the street. I've ridden it a couple of times on the street without the baffle but you can't wrap on the gas at all without being worried about getting pulled over. It only takes a few seconds to remove so it is up to you but I'm out.

(sully @ Jun. 09 2007,12:39) Way too loud for me, it is that annoying pitch at highway speeds that rumbles around in your helmet and drives you crazy. As for pulling in and out of neighborhoods, forget about it, you going to get the cops called on you. I keep mine out at the strip and in on the street. I've ridden it a couple of times on the street without the baffle but you can't wrap on the gas at all without being worried about getting pulled over. It only takes a few seconds to remove so it is up to you but I'm out.
+1
Forgot to mention, maybe I'm just getting old, but after a 15 mile ride without the baffle, my right ear was hurting when I got home on top of the headache.
Might just be me though.
It will prob. be too loud for you on the street, but you can always put the baffle back in if needed.

Sorry, but none today.
Wifey wanted to ride so we took out dad's VTX.

Also another note on the exhaust.
It does come close to the pass. footrest.
I always switch to the Ti muffler when riding two up.

(Pipefighter248 @ Jun. 09 2007,15:10) Sorry, but none today.
Wifey wanted to ride so we took out dad's VTX.

Also another note on the exhaust.
It does come close to the pass. footrest.
I always switch to the Ti muffler when riding two up.
N/p man maybe another time eh?
wink.gif

Ok I got a idea ear plugs eh? pop in a set of those bad boys when riding and enjoy all the crazy looks you get from everyone you pass on the highway...
ices_rofl.gif

Here's a couple clips for ya.

<embed width="430" height="389" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://vid92.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid92.photobucket.com/albums/l9/lilmikef/misc%20video/PlayingAround.flv"></embed>

<embed width="430" height="389" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://vid92.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid92.photobucket.com/albums/l9/lilmikef/misc%20video/8.flv"></embed>

Thanks bro...
bowdown.gif
 Man I can't wait for this mod.... only thing I've done to my girl is reflecters lol
yup-1.jpg

I need to get rid of the shovel too...
beerchug.gif

Edit: Woops that would be a pick with the reflecters on it..lol

This is the Video that I play like 8 times a day lol
<embed width="430" height="389" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://s6.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/pipefighter248/Production2.flv"></embed>
Found it in a post on here of course!!  
beerchug.gif

Back