Loud exhaust issue.

JeffSyh

Registered
So I've been playing around with exhaust to get a decent sound, I've had stock (way to quiet) I've tried straight piped stock headers (insanely annoying loud), I've than swapped over to a full rs-3 system (the yosh can is to quiet also) I ordered a knock off SC shorty (I personally like the sound but it far to loud and bet it just annoys people) is there a perfect exhuast quiet will riding normal in town and deafing intoxicating loud when opening it up?

I love loud bikes I really do but I always feel awful for the people around me, I don't like loud to show off it more just my personal preference....

I just made a turd of myself , testing the recent changes to both my bikes and happily celebrating more than necessary , by gassing my bikes in my area , to my door even ... I love it , the loud pipe when on the throttle ( I mean ) , but , the old buggers etc. around the vicinity do not , it seems . So , I have finally calmed down again , now off throttle coming into area , and to home .
My pipes on both machines are CT Meg ti Brocks , and can be very loud on throttle , but also stealthy off or low throttle , so best of both worlds I guess .

Reasonably quiet at lower rpm and loud at large throttle. I always heard Akrapovic but that would be awful exensive if you try it and find it to be the wrong amount of loudness. If they hear you and get mad, that's better than not hearing you and staying happy.
I can concur. Full Akro system with CF can. Nice quite burble at cruise, and a decent deep bark under accel.

I can concur. Full Akro system with CF can. Nice quite burble at cruise, and a decent deep bark under accel.

+1
I've had Akropvic before too, and a full dual with cf mufflers on my old gen2.
I like quiet, and the Akropovic is very close stock db's under 6k rpm, and makes a great sound above that, but without being obnoxious.
You can also remove the quiet tip insert(s) for a much louder and deeper tone.
All with a nice power increase throughout the rev range, and their quality is excellent.

So I've been playing around with exhaust to get a decent sound, I've had stock (way to quiet) I've tried straight piped stock headers (insanely annoying loud), I've than swapped over to a full rs-3 system (the yosh can is to quiet also) I ordered a knock off SC shorty (I personally like the sound but it far to loud and bet it just annoys people) is there a perfect exhuast quiet will riding normal in town and deafing intoxicating loud when opening it up?

I love loud bikes I really do but I always feel awful for the people around me, I don't like loud to show off it more just my personal preference....
The alpha t full system is a lot better then the rs3 for being loud when u want and quiet when riding around town.

+3 for Akropovic full system. I LOVE mine. Not too loud not too quiet. The muffler actually comes with a dampener installed in the end that you can remove if you want more sound. If you're in or around Ohio I'd be happy to meet up and let you have a listen. I think my system is only like $1200 right now and mine might be for sale soon cuz I'm thinking about goin with a brocks ct.

+3 for Akropovic full system. I LOVE mine. Not too loud not too quiet. The muffler actually comes with a dampener installed in the end that you can remove if you want more sound. If you're in or around Ohio I'd be happy to meet up and let you have a listen. I think my system is only like $1200 right now and mine might be for sale soon cuz I'm thinking about goin with a brocks ct.
I live far away hahaha in snow land. I have only seen 1 other busa around in my 2 years of owning one and it was turbo so it's hard to get to listen to a bunch of exhausts systems on a busa and YouTube or videos do no justice.

I live far away hahaha in snow land. I have only seen 1 other busa around in my 2 years of owning one and it was turbo so it's hard to get to listen to a bunch of exhausts systems on a busa and YouTube or videos do no justice.
My Yosh has a great sound, burbles on idle, nice and crisp at low RPMs and sounds like a wild beast unleashed when the revs climb...it also came with a removable sound suppressor....

I'm biased towards Yoshimura products though....

Would a alpha T can slide on a rs-3 full system? I think my midpipe is 57mm O.D
I'll throw a set of calipers on mine and see what the o.d. is. I'll try tonight but might be tomorrow before I can to the garage. To me the alpha being so short it's kind of like having shortys when u really get in it but it still has enough can and packing that it's able to be quiet when u want

Back