Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S20

TJ called me back this afternoon and this is what he had to say about the S20!

The S20 is taking the place of the BTO16 & 16 Pro.
The new tire is one to one & a half pounds lighter than the 16 Pro.
The 16 has steel belts the S20 has kevlar belts thus the weight savings
The rubber compound is slightly different for a bit more stick as well as a bit more mileage (Only 200-300 miles) Not much but some mileage advantage.
The new S20 has the same contact patch size as the 16 when its stationary but increases slightly with speed due to the kevlar belts reducing tire expansion.
New tread and casing design that smooths the ride, tips in quicker and faster warm up.

So there you have it fellas, straight from the horses mouth!

The BT016 is a great tire and I'm convinced this new S20 is even better.

SteveO

Then my prediction of less than 2K will be correct. I never got over 2K out of a BT-016 and could only nurse about 3500 out of a BT-023.

Then my prediction of less than 2K will be correct. I never got over 2K out of a BT-016 and could only nurse about 3500 out of a BT-023.

Then I'd suggest this may not the tire for you. Most folks get considerably more miles than yourself. Some get in excess of 4K miles. I can tell you that the BT016 is an excellent performance tire. I've romped several sets on the track combined with street use and the 16 is my second choice only to the dunlop Q2.

S20 is standard fit on the 2012 ZX14 / ZZ1400 so anyonoe saying "no good for busa" doesnt know what they are talking about...

Going on my bike next... if they work with the '14 they'll work with the Busa

Jza

The rubber compound is slightly different for a bit more stick as well as a bit more mileage (Only 200-300 miles) Not much but some mileage advantage.
The new S20 has the same contact patch size as the 16 when its stationary but increases slightly with speed due to the kevlar belts reducing tire expansion.
New tread and casing design that smooths the ride, tips in quicker and faster warm up.

SteveO

Thanks for the info Tuff :beerchug:

I will probably give these a try on my next set as the price of them is GREAT :thumbsup:

SteveO

:bowdown:
Thanks for the info!

Jza said:
S20 is standard fit on the 2012 ZX14 / ZZ1400 so anyonoe saying "no good for busa" doesnt know what they are talking about...

Going on my bike next... if they work with the '14 they'll work with the Busa

Jza

I have yet to see a new ZX14 with this tire mounted. Look at the writing on this tire fitted to the ZX14 and tell me If it says Bridgestone.

image-1218061702.jpg

I never said that it wouldn't be a good tire for the Busa. I said don't expect a lot of mileage out of it (unless you granny ass around) and I'll stand behind that as someone that has been riding on a set for 1000 miles.

image-1218061702.jpg

I have yet to see a new ZX14 with this tire mounted. Look at the writing on this tire fitted to the ZX14 and tell me If it says Bridgestone.

View attachment 245452

I never said that it wouldn't be a good tire for the Busa. I said don't expect a lot of mileage out of it (unless you granny ass around) and I'll stand behind that as someone that has been riding on a set for 1000 miles.

No Hypersport tire gets great mileage. Comes with the turf. You just have to pick and choose the one of your fancy and live with the mileage. Stick or mileage, you don't get both!

JZA I believe is in England, eh? I'm thinking the 14's delivered to his country may very well have the S20 tires stock.

Tuff, it looked like they copied the Q2 technology. Is it supposed to be a direct competitor to the Q2?

Nope, that is incorrect. The Q2 was the original design of the Ntec carcass which lays down a larger contact patch.

Thanks for all the input folks.I can hardly wait to try my new set .The one question I had was ...are these tires Z rated.? I got the feeling they weren't after stuff I read AFTER I bought them.???

Hello everyone, new to the forum and to the HAYABUSA!
I got a 2012 Haybusa and I would like to add a WIDER tire on the rear. Anyone could advise what is the largerst tire size I would be WANT to pu on the Hayabysa! note that I do not race, only travel short and medium distances with the bike, I just want it to look a bit more beefier!
Any recommendation on tire size?

Thank you,
brazeagle

I've actually have the rear mounted on mine atm and have only put 150 hwy miles on it so far. seems promising :thumbsup:

Twobrothers has 2 sets, i think he's going to try them out at Tally in a few weeks...

Hello everyone, new to the forum and to the HAYABUSA!
I got a 2012 Haybusa and I would like to add a WIDER tire on the rear. Anyone could advise what is the largerst tire size I would be WANT to pu on the Hayabysa! note that I do not race, only travel short and medium distances with the bike, I just want it to look a bit more beefier!
Any recommendation on tire size?

Thank you,
brazeagle

200 series is all you want on the rear. Any bigger and the chain will rub the tire.

Charlie and Jay are riding them on Little Tally this weekend he'll have a review out soon enough...

Back