Braking in the Corners

nice vid tf
what zoom did you use?
wide or how many X?

oh crap wrong tread!

<!--EDIT|1127 TO 1299
Reason for Edit: None given...|1088791332 -->

This might sound crazy as hell but I have a good friend that races 600 and 750 for team Suzuki. And while everything that he has told me so far have been correct I must admit that I am very apprehensive about trying this on my bike (maybe one of his seven practice bikes but not by busa!)

Basically he says (not sure of the technique but will ask him this weekend) that you can be in a sweeper and apply enough rear brake to cause the back wheel to slide allowing you do to do tighter turns at high speeds.
He also says that you must get on the gas after the slide to counter the slide and force the bike forward as its inertia is pulling differently than the direction of the bike.
(Sort of how dirt track racers turn except on asphalt and doing 100+ mph)

I dont recommend trying this unless you have a disposable bike, full leathers and hotnuts of steel!
I have a buddy that's a pro racer also, and he says the same thing...he says in a turn, his rear is always skidding, but its a controlled skid. Obviously this is something you don't want to do on the street. He also said coming into a turn, he'll raise the rear end and control the direction with his waist by hugging the tank with his knees and changing its direction. (I guess it helps with the turn or something) I'm sure I didn't understand his idea 100% to clearly reiterate what he said because he gets into some technical explanations, also because the way you handle a bike when racing vs. on the road are completely different. But when I saw your post, it rang a bell...

CHeck this PIC

20040704131457_jpwarrior_Kick_20azz_20ride2.JPG

Back