Brake pads

ANYONE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE HH PADS FITTING TO LOOSE? I HAVE A CLICKING SOUND COME FROM THE FRONT TIRE AT SLOW SPEEDS. AS SOON AS I APPLY PREASURE TO THE BRAKES IT STOPS?

No problems here...did you make sure to put the clips back on, and put them on properly
rock.gif

Did you get em' installed properly and are you sure they were the right pads? Also did you take the playing cards outta the spokes and remove the Clothes pins?
tounge.gif

Seriously though don't do too much guessing, if you cannot get it resolved take it to your favorite wrench. Brakes shouldn't involve guesswork.

I will say though that the first couple hundred miles with my EBCs were noisy, you could here them ZINGING along at all Speeds, with or without the brakes being applied. Once they bed in they were just fine.

if the pads are tight and pins are in place...just remember that you have 'floating' rotors....some noise will be present.
otherwise take the dust plates off the tops of the calipers and try to wiggle the pads.....there should always be enuf pressure on them to hold them more than finger tight.

Back