Brake lever hits help pls

Clutch lever face
455d2b5c.jpg

Brake lever face
953041ce.jpg

Brake lever clearance at full lock
e63e70f9.jpg

And a pic from above showing where the clamps for the levers are located on bars
c920b879.jpg

My two levers are identical

Clutch lever face
455d2b5c.jpg

Brake lever face
953041ce.jpg

Brake lever clearance at full lock
e63e70f9.jpg

And a pic from above showing where the clamps for the levers are located on bars
c920b879.jpg

My two levers are identical

Your lever looks just like mine. Thanks for the pics. Well I didn't have any problem with the lever till I changed the triple tree guess I'll try to mess with it some more and if it still doesn't work maybe I'll call ballzmotors

Josh is a sponsor here and most likely on line as we speak.
I'll send him a pm with a link to this thread. He'll respond.
I had him on the phone at 2am one time trying to fix a problem I was having that wasn't even related to what I got from him. Good dude he is.

Look up in the sky......it's a bird....no it's a plane.......Nooooooooo it's SuperJosh from BallZ
:laugh:

No I didn't call him I don't think the triple tree is the problem I think it's the brake lever. Do u have pazzo shorty lever on ur bike?

The triple tree IS the problem. The aftermarket tree moves the handlebars further forward so you can slide the tubes through the holes to be able to lower the front. The handlebars on the stock triple are somewhat over the top of the forks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BallZ is in the house. I'm sure it's not the first time he's encountered this problem.
Let's hear what he has to offer to help. Stay tuned.

Blanca Busa just gave me a heads up on this thread. Thank you!

First of all let me say your welcome to email me Josh@BallZMotorsports.com (always a timely response) or give us a call 9-5 Mon-Fri with any questions regarding your bike or parts.

The 08 is difficult to work with on a lowering triple tree. We've actually used at least 8 different brands of lowering triple trees over the past few years. Ours are manufactured with more space than all of the others and the fitment is top notch when compared to others. A few things come into play but I'll tell you how I personally adjust them. Tighten the brake and clutch reservoirs snug just enough that it takes a little effort to move them but not all of the way tight. Turn your handlebars all of the way in one direction. Move the complete reservoir/lever assembly up and down AND also in and out towards the right and left on the bar. The lever will be very very close or possibly touch just a bit when you put pressure on the bars in the total lock position, otherwise it will not if adjusted. The levers do effect this because different levers are thicker and at different angles coming out of the perch. All aftermarket levers that we have installed/stocked have been adjustable to where they do not rub or just rub a tiny bit. There are a few levers manufactured to give more clearance for this specific reason but I only have them in solid billet not with adjusters. Regarding the concern about the lever causing problems if adjusted properly it will cause no problems. If adjusted improperly still the only time that the lever is pushed is when the bars are almost locked....not something that happens when riding the bike. I thank most people only adjust the reservoirs front/back or up/down. The key is to move them in and out : ) I've never put the Pazzo levers on a bike with a lowering triple tree. Pazzo did make a set of 08-Up levers rather than use the 99-07 like most. You might make sure the part numbers that are engraved on the bottom side of your levers are the correct part numbers for the 08-Up models and not the correct part number for the 99-07 models. The 08-Up should have F-41 & S-14 levers. Hope this helps if not give me a call during the day I'll try to further help you. I'll actually only be in the shop for a couple of hours tomorrow because of some running I have to do. But leave me a message if I'm not in and I'll give you a call ASAP.

Kind Regards,
Josh
888-511-BIKE(2453)

Back