CDI Triple-Levers Hitting The Farring!

Sweeney

Registered
Anyone experienced this with the CDI Triple Clamp?:
My levers are now hitting the farring insert at full rack left & right. Just barely pushing into the farring by 1/4", but it's enough to apply the brake!

I have adjusted the levers as close to the bar as poss. #5.

Should I just notch the plastic at this point or am I missing something?

triple_clamp_004.jpg

Anyone experienced this with the CDI Triple Clamp?:
My levers are now hitting the farring insert at full rack left & right. Just barely pushing into the farring by 1/4", but it's enough to apply the brake!

I have adjusted the levers as close to the bar as poss. #5.

Should I just notch the plastic at this point or am I missing something?
Here's another angle

triple_clamp_005.jpg

That is absolutely terrible... Send them back!
I'm pretty sure they are a sponsor here, and I'm not saying this to be an azz, but that is no good IMHO...

That is absolutely terrible... Send them back!
I'm pretty sure they are a sponsor here, and I'm not saying this to be an azz, but that is no good IMHO...
It's not a huge deal to trim the plastic if necessary. I am wondering if anyone else has the issue or if I'm missing something. (CDI's were not supposed to hit the farrings)

I beleive it's a quality product & looks great otherwise!

Waiting on some feedback before I butcher...........

It is hard to tell from the pictures. Can you rotate them a few degrees and get some more clearance?

They don't hit the fairings, you just need to adjust the angle of the levers/master cyl assembly.. it doesn't take much, but they don't hit if you just angle it up or down a little. Let me know what happens after you try this.

I wouldn't even worry about it. They will never hit when you are riding and if you are going lock-to-lock on the street you have more problems then the levers hitting. It can be a pain in the rear when moving the bike around but I haven't found a single company that doesn't hit unless you get a complete triple tree/clip on setup which is even more $,$$$.

Just be careful when moving the bike with the steering lock-to-lock...
thumb_up.gif

I made alot of prototypes and spent extra time on these to solve this problem. Another small adjustment you can make it so slide the lever/Masters out towards the end more..spend a little time making adjustments to get what u want.

They don't hit the fairings, you just need to adjust the angle of the levers/master cyl assembly.. it doesn't take much, but they don't hit if you just angle it up or down a little. Let me know what happens after you try this.
YOU ARE CORRECT! She's now Perfect! There's a pretty narrow sweet spot where they fit right in. Top photo shows where I was & bottom is slight adjustment.

THANK YOU for the direction! & a Great product!

triple_clamp_002b.jpg

"Glad I didn't do any bashing" This thing looks even better in person. The Black goes really good with the blue.
Not to mention the 1" drop I now have.

Thanks CDI!

triple_clamp_017.jpg

Yup, I gots my head looking toward the ground now for saying to send it back. Apology for flapping my gums soo quick. The way it looked, was not good. I should have known better. I have seen a lot of your quality stuff. I know how excited you were to get these out in the market...
beerchug.gif

YOU ARE CORRECT! She's now Perfect!  There's a pretty narrow sweet spot where they fit right in. Top photo shows where I was & bottom is slight adjustment.

THANK YOU for the direction!  & a Great product!
Glad you got it working!

Looks like CDiPrecision is where I'll be buying my next Triple Tree for sure now...
cool.gif
thumb_up.gif

I had a heck of a time with past TT setups doing this so glad his works...
winkold.gif

We may also make some for Gen 1, I didn't have time in this last run. I am also tooling up for Busa Quick access clutch covers..:)

Back