Bogged out on highwayand will not re-start

also that was with disconecting the battery and conecting a jump box (i know i should not do that) just checking ti c if my battery may have been a little low due to all the extra cranking
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm still pretty new with wrenching on this bike, but you checked the airbox and the electrical connections, right? Did you check the plugs to see if you were getting good spark?

josh i have done **** to it today except connect up the jump box due to customers wanting teir cars painted lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Change the plugs, just because. Can't ever have too new of plugs, even if you've changed em recently.

What kind of pops? Like backfires or softer ones? You may be dumping too much fuel in there somehow, you might pull the injectors out and clean em or have em professionally cleaned. (I usually just clean em myself)

Next would be an issue with your pump. You might pull it out, drain the gas, replace the filter, clean the mesh, etc.

This is all if you're SURE there is no kinking in the lines and everything is hooked up. (including all vacuum lines) And that your battery is good. I'm leaning away from a battery issue, but just because it's 4mo old, you could still have a stator or reg/rec issue that is ruining batteries.

Alright guys here is the Update, I just got back from taker her down the road for a quick spin , and all seems OK. My buddy josh let me borough his repair manual for the Busa so i decided to tear into the fuel system, where i thought i may be having a problem. I first drained the tank which honestly took the longest. I then removed the tank and fuel pump. and looked in the tank and o holly hell it was loaded with rust particals like crazy. So i tore the whole fuel pump apart and blew it out with a adjustable pressure air blower and cleaned the mesh filter that was BLACK with rust and gunk. I then took a turkey baster with a piece of fuel line on it and continued to suck up all the junk out of the tank. Put her back all together put about a gallon of gas in her and she fired right up. Thanks Guys for the input

If someone near and dear to ya has a Gen I with the same type ECU, you could try and swap it. After reading your post I was thinking fuel system. Sounds like you have all the interlocks set, really don't know what to tell you. Best of luck.

Alright guys here is the Update, I just got back from taker her down the road for a quick spin , and all seems OK. My buddy josh let me borough his repair manual for the Busa so i decided to tear into the fuel system, where i thought i may be having a problem. I first drained the tank which honestly took the longest. I then removed the tank and fuel pump. and looked in the tank and o holly hell it was loaded with rust particals like crazy. So i tore the whole fuel pump apart and blew it out with a adjustable pressure air blower and cleaned the mesh filter that was BLACK with rust and gunk. I then took a turkey baster with a piece of fuel line on it and continued to suck up all the junk out of the tank. Put her back all together put about a gallon of gas in her and she fired right up. Thanks Guys for the input

You might want to tear it apart again this winter and check into solutions for that tank. I imagine you might still have rust issues down the road if that tank isn't taken care of completely. You might have it now, but I hate getting stranded . Good job.

Back