Boat trailer to bike trailer

Got any pictures of the boat trailer? Large boat or pwc sized trailer? I've got a few trailers laying around I can look at and give you a few ideas.
Posted via Mobile Device

My buddy used a PWC trailer. He welded a square frame to the top to make a flat surface that he could place some wood in. The problem with the trailer to me is that it looked to be top heavy. For around town towing at low speeds, I think it worked ok, but when out on the highway, I was very nervous.

This is what I did. I've got a boat trailer for my little 12" alum row boat. I took the bunks off, mounted a motorcycle track down the center -the length of the trailer- and a chock at the end to hold the front wheel of the bike. I also mounted 6" wide decking boards on either side of the rail so I would have a spot for my feet as I walked the bike up the track. Tie downs mounted to the trailer frame and AWAY YOU GO!

I'd love to show some pics, but I took it apart when I got my enclosed trailer. I will tell you however that it worked great and was cheap to build (of course I already owned the trailer). Good Luck!

if you can do it all yourself (welding, etc) then it might be worth it... alternatively you can buy a perfectly fine trailer from northern tool that will do the job for $3-500 depending on sales, etc.

I have converted more than a few boat trailers to bikes. Lots of used boat trailers around here by the shore cheap.

+1 Works great~!~

I purchased a tilt bed double axle boat trailer for $300 and cut the toungue down to size. Attached a cross beam for the tie downs. Used 1/4 aluminum rails for the wheels and viola...worked like a charm~!~

I used this trailer for a few years and sold it to a Harley owner

Back