Bike needs a home of it's own

pure_ego

enzyme of hypoverbage
Donating Member
Registered
Okay..

I'm in the market to get a larger than average storage building..

I'm thinking around 12'X18' or so.. no need to put a truck/car in there. They can sit in the rain/snow.. what do I care? haha

but my 'busa, lawn mower, weed eater, and the daughters ride-a-long toys.. now those need a good place to sleep out of the elements.

My parents got plenty of garage space so the busa has been living there since I got married. Thanks to my squirrelling away of spare change and odd dolla that the baby, and the wife don't take I'm ready to trade some yard space for some guy space. (commonly referred to as a garage, or something similiar anyway)

I'm gonna hit the local home improvement places, and scour the net for info and pricing.. I'm just wondering which way to go.

I don't want one of those little "Yea' that'll do" steel deals. I've seen some of them made out of pretty thick plastic stuff around, just wonder how they hold up. I had been planning on wood, but the plastic stuff don't look bad.

Any experiences with that stuff? or got a nice wood one that your pleased with? where'd ya get it? anything you wish you had done that you didn't (aside from going with the double decker 40 car/300 bike accessories anyway)

also.. when getting the concrete done.. how big a diff in price for that really smooth finish and the rough stuff like a sidewalk?

I also wonder if the concrete step can be skipped entirely if you plywooded, and put that dura-rock stuff with some type of tile, or something? On a suitably flat surface using one of the platform things most offer so you can just plywood it and leave it at that if you want.

hehe, in a perfect world I see a black/white checkerboard tile deal goin on.. assuming it's not two legs, and three arms more expensive anyway.

rock.gif

roll-up...or perhaps a shift-up.

Sorry to say I'm not too knowledgeable about the concrete and plastic stuffs. All I know is make it a good foundation....and make the support beams and essentials sturdy. As for the waslkway, you can always opt for the stone thing.

Ask me about shavin, though....and I'd give ya a two day course.
smile.gif

hehe, I got shavin' figured out.. so what good are ya to me?? lol

wow.gif
Har har....
laugh.gif

I bring humor and color....and cream. BTW...wouldja still be able to send out the exhaust for me? I should be able to shoot a bill out your way this PD. Whattaya say?

I would reccomend building it with a concrete slab, 4' would be fine, but be sure to put some steel in the slab.

If you have not built many things, you can can find plenty of help at a Home Depot or similar place, that is not an extensive project.

If you are not so inclined to ake on something like that, most concrete contractors will charge about one to two times the value of the raw concrete. a 4' slab that size will take around 3 yards.

The rest depends on how much you want to pimp it out.

The things to consider before anything though is stuff like, running electricty BEFORE building, raising the site up a few inches above the rest of the lawn so that you don't have water problems.

If you lived closer to Vegas I would help you build it, something that size is not a big thing.

Good Luck

Back