Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bike having problems starting.

01LANDROCKET

Registered
Ok,my bike seems to run fine but it will stumble for a full minute before it starts.

I can put a full charge on the battery and it will start right up.

I can go ride it all day starting and stopping and it starts right up.

If I leave it sitting for 2 days it will still start but takes forever to bust off.

I think it is a problem with spark not fuel because you can smell the fuel.

I have measured the ohms in the stator and did a resistance check and all was well.

I measured the voltage coming out of the regulator/rectifier and it is on par with the suzuki tech book.

I disconnected the power commander for assurance.

I replaced the reg/rectifier.

I replaced the battery.

I have three bikes and I can start one right up, pull the battery that just started that bike and drop it in this one and it will just crank for a minute and then slowly start to fire???????? I can shut it off and it will fire right back up??????? If I leave it sit for a day it will fumble forever before starting again, maybe two days anyways.

Anyone got any more advice.

I undid the ground and emery clothed it and re-attached, and the ground going to the starter cylinoid. I also tested it.

Not sure I understood 100% of your post, but have you checked for a drain on the battery ?

Plugs are brand new. I have tested for a leakage rate on the battery and it seems to not be leaking.

seems like your tune(fuel table) is off or a vacumn line may be disconnected. When did you put the powercommander on it? What was your changes made?

I have unplugged the pc3usb and it still starts slow and have swapped with 2 different computers so I have ruled pc and cpu out.

I can put a full charge on the battery and it will start right up.

If this is true, it is a battery problem.
New or not, here is how to tell if it is good:

Batt Voltage.jpg

I can use two different batteries, it will start my 06 no prob, swap into the 02 and it wont start, doing that with 2 different batteries so it has more to do with the bike than the battery!

Top Bottom