Bike Can't Be Registered! Need Help!!!

the dealer called and said they want it back asap becuase its their bike

DUDE!!!
If the dealer called you, TAKE THE BIKE BACK, ASAP!!!!
You need to completely unwind this transaction as fast as you can. There are plenty of CA-legal 'Busas out there. Find yourself one that complies with CA regs, and you will be far better off.

CW

DUDE!!!
You need to completely unwind this transaction as fast as you can. There are plenty of CA-legal 'Busas out there. Find yourself one that complies with CA regs, and you will be far better off.

CW

+1

You need to get out of this situation as soon as you can with as little damage to your bank account as you can.

DUDE!!!

CW

+ 1 million to the nth degree! Get the heck out of this mess PRONTO, NOW, ASAP!

Ask the dealer to reimburse/refund you any and all expenses associated with this fiasco (they are scampering to cover their azzes because they know they gooned this one bad).

This is your chance to get a better deal/bike (remember how guys here felt you paid too much for your bike??) Not to mention the issues/problems the bike had when you got it.

Heck, I will even help you shop for another Busa. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
what expenses you think i can get reimbursed for?

rewind to MAY when you bought the bike: what expenses related to the bike have you incurred since then? Bring any and all receipts incidental to owning/operating/maintaining the bike and make the dealer say NO!

what expenses you think i can get reimbursed for?

If I remember correctly, you crashed it once. You may owe them.

If they pay it off and you get your down payment back consider yourself lucky and walk away from it.

Start over with another.

Here are some DMV rules. Unless you fall under exemptions, they should not have been allowed to sell it to you.

Vehicle Industry Registration Procedures Manual - Table of Contents

You bought it in May. Is it your fault or theirs that you were not able to attempt to register it until now?

Sounds like there wanting the bike back before anyone finds out what they did, Take it back and see what kind of a deal you can get on another.

Sounds like there wanting the bike back before anyone finds out what they did, Take it back and see what kind of a deal you can get on another.

Agree except I will probably look elsewhere for another bike.

Last edited:
I believe Cali Busa's have a slightly smaller fuel capacity, but I could be wrong... ???

Take that bike back ASAP!

File a complain with the DMV....They police all dealers in California. Call them and tell them the scenario, you will get your money back and they will get fined...........over.

Don't go back to the dealer with a bunch of foney reimbursement fees or you'll get no where. Simply ask for your money back and be happy. If they are straight up, they'll write you a check and you'll be on your way.

If that give you static, I'd first go to the better business burea and get some guidance from there. You may get some relief through the prosecuting attorney's office. I'm sure it's illegal for the dealership to sell you a vehicle that can't be registered without fully disclosing this info in writing.

I'd avoid an attorney as settling this through the courts will take years and cost more than the bike is worth.

If they write you a check tell them you will hold the bike until it clears:laugh: ???

They may only want to pay you back the purchase price, but if you have any big ticket itemsyou did to teh bike I would ask for those as well.

Make sure you get back all you fees to process the bike as well.

It doesnt matter OP lives in california and its going to be registered in california so it will have to meet CAs strict emissions which it will not... take it back to the dealer. get a complete refund. they knew when they sold it to you it wasnt registerable.

That sounds like the 100% right answer to this problem... ASAP !

Back