Big bore!!

07vigorblue

Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys. I havent been on in a while Been working alot. But i need some info. I have a customer that is thinking of a big bore build so i told himi would go 1397 for the street. So for those of you that have them. How much did parts cost, is there anything you would do different, any brands in particular you would stay away from, and what exactly is need to do it right the first time

???Big bore,
I've got a 1394 busa engine, built by Cooper Performance. If you go to his site, you will see what it costs; just review the Street/Strip setup at 210 hp. This setup works well on pump gas, racing fuel of 107 or better octane, and 50 shot NOS...if used. I also had the trans undercut. I went with a multi-stage lock up clutch but have not been smart enough to tune properly. The only change I would do over is have a heavy duty output shaft installed. I did not and ended up bending it. Not knowing it was bent, I went through several chains and clutch packs.

APE 1441, (08+ OEM crank and 1397 bore) head cleaned up. Good exhaust. 200+ hp all day long on pump gas.:beerchug:

BigBore already built for sale:
05 motor what had 6700 miles
now 1000 miles on it since the build
Dyno run 218hp
1441 ( 1397kit with GenII 2mm crank
Carpenter polished head, stock valves
65 lb springs
405 395 web cams
Cam adjuster gears
Not studded
Stock rods
Cut tranny
HD output shaft
weld clutch mod w/ HD springs
$3500. straight out sale....to sell this week or he is keeping it. I had dibs but
passed it up for stage-1 Turbo. I was a very hard and back and furth choice.

Just passing the work on it.

so i should get the tranny gears cut and a heavy duty output shaft installed.
Are most of you guys getting your heads port & polished and adding cams or just getting cams. i probably wont put Spray on his setup i dont think he could handle that much. Whats the average price running for parts only on a 1397 build?

so i should get the tranny gears cut and a heavy duty output shaft installed.
Are most of you guys getting your heads port & polished and adding cams or just getting cams. i probably wont put Spray on his setup i dont think he could handle that much. Whats the average price running for parts only on a 1397 build?

If your not going to spray and be racing it every weekend...no need for tranny, hd output, or rods...the bottme end should be fine.
1397 swap kit $1000
search and find good used intake cam to swap exhaust side$ 120? or bigger $600
Cam adjuster gears 150
head studs 150
head gasket 70
light clean up of the head or go full port/polish..200 - 1200
valve springs 120
oiler gear 110
Thats the basic for you I just went thru all this...so do the math.
Doing the head will help get everything to breather vs having all the work and it be reduced from no breathing . All that should put you around 195hp ?
And plus labor for of that.

I will have OEM intake and exhaust cams soon off my 08 if they will work for you.
Posted via Mobile Device

? ? ? Big bore ,
I've got a 1394 Hayabusa engine , built by Cooper Performance .
If you go to his site , you will see what it costs ; just review the Street / Strip setup at 210 horse power .

This setup works well on pump gas , racing fuel of 107 or better octane , and 50 shot NOS . . .

:banana:I also had the trans undercut.
I went with a multi-stage lock up clutch but have not been smart enough to tune properly.
The only change I would do over is have a heavy duty output shaft installed.
I did not and ended up bending it. Not knowing it was bent, I went through several chains and clutch packs.

:banana:

200.gif

Last edited:
Back