Best 200 tire for Sport Touring?

Scooter

Registered
I know the tire threads have been done to death, but I want some input specifically on the bigger 200 rear tires (that will fit the Busa).

Only a few maufacturers make them, so that narrows choices a bit. Anyway, I'm more interested in getting a lot of miles out of the tire than stickiness. However, I don't want the bike to slide out when I get aggressive on an occasional twisty.

Any opinions?

I will say Avon AV-45/46. Great sport-touring tire & you can get in a 200/50/ZR17. I am tempted to try Metzeler's new Roadtec Z6, but it doesn't meet your criteria of 200mm; the largest they come is the 190.
cool.gif

Pirelli Diablo is a good all-around tire that comes in the 200 size. Have a set, but haven't put it through any twisties yet. Soon though!

I will say Avon AV-45/46. Great sport-touring tire & you can get in a 200/50/ZR17. I am tempted to try Metzeler's new Roadtec Z6, but it doesn't meet your criteria of 200mm; the largest they come is the 190.
cool.gif
+1 Got a friend running these! He is very hard on tires, already had 3500 miles on his (Avons) and you sure can't tell.....
He only got about 2800 on a set of Dunflops.

I burned up a 200 Pilot Sport on mine. Didn't last as long as I had hoped, but it performed really well all around.

Back