Being female stinks sometimes...

One other Radical Idea.....I bought my bike about 15 miles away from my house....but there was another dealer 3 miles from my house.  I take the bike to him all the time for minor stuff  (oil changes/adjustments  600 miles and 4000 miles) and bought a ton of accessories.  I then talked to the owner about an extended warranty (nearly 100% profit for dealer and piece of mind for me).  I am on a first name basis with owner, head of service and others in shop.  Even though I did not buy my bike from them, they are very good to me and have given me discounts on stuff (including the Suzuki extended warranty).  They have my business....and trust for now.
I'm still looking for that!

I've got a very trustworthy point of contact, but they aren't affiliated with Suzuki, so warranty work is out...I use them for everything else though...just a call and they help me out, they lowered my bike...good group of guys/gals...

If all else fails, I know the dealership in NC is a great one...I can suck it up and drive the 3 hours down/3 hours back if I absolutely have to!
tounge.gif
Racking up Busa miles isn't a bad thing!

So Michelle if you are willing to stand behind your comments you have put on the board of how the situation has transpired then I say put the name of the dealership on the board. Let each one of the members from hayabusa.org that use that dealer or are in the area make one phone call to them and tell them that they will never be back to that store because of the way they treated a customer. See what that gets you, I have used this very tactic on this board before and I absolutely do not have a problem with you doing that as long as you stand by your story. Sometimes calling someone out in public is the right thing to do. Any dealer that is out there that doesnt think that 5000 members can stir the pot needs to rethink the whole marketing strategy that word of mouth is the best tool.

Cap

Hi Michelle and greetings from Finland!

I have a '03 Busa and also experienced an engine cut-off problem last summer. It started on a track day when the bike kept cutting off almost every time at the same left-hand corner. The FI light started blinking and I had to turn the ignition off and back on before the bike started again. After a dozen laps or so this started happening also on the straights when I rolled off the throttle and started braking. Never happened when I was on the throttle. We checked the fuel lines and battery connections and everything was ok. After a couple of days the bike started cutting off also on the road and usually after hard riding. It took about 20-30 minutes of punishment to have the bike cut off. The service guy at the local dealer told me that since there is no error code memory on the Busa, I can't turn the ignition off after the cut-off, instead I have to manually "short-circuit" the bike so that the error code is shown on the clock display. This I did with a staple and the error code displayed was 23. It turned out I had a broken tilt sensor (or something like that in English). It's the sensor that cuts off the engine if the bike flips over. After replacing the sensor everything was fine, no more cut-offs. I didn't smell anything unusual, though.

I'm sorry to hear about the level of customer service at your local dealership. That's certainly a very short-sighted way to do business. I hope everything works out and the problem is found and repaired quickly!

Pete

P.S. 3 months before I get to ride my Busa. Damn this winter, damn!
down.gif

Damn! That's a lot of snow! I'm cold just looking at it!
Thanks for the info...I think my bike might be doing more what LCW's is doing...he's found the problem, so I have somewhere to start looking if it continues to mess up...

So Michelle if you are willing to stand behind your comments you have put on the board of how the situation has transpired then I say put the name of the dealership on the board. Let each one of the members from hayabusa.org that use that dealer or are in the area make one phone call to them and tell them that they will never be back to that store because of the way they treated a customer. See what that gets you, I have used this very tactic on this board before and I absolutely do not have a problem with you doing that as long as you stand by your story. Sometimes calling someone out in public is the right thing to do. Any dealer that is out there that doesnt think that 5000 members can stir the pot needs to rethink the whole marketing strategy that word of mouth is the best tool.

Cap
Oh my goodness...I got a response from the captain!
smile.gif

I stand by what I've said...I've got the bike sitting at my house to prove that I wasn't able to drop it off like planned. There's no way I could ever prove he said what he did or that he talked down to me because I'm a gal...I can only base that on how I've been treated in the past with my car, and how this guy was saying things that had nothing to do with why I was there to drop the bike off...and thankfully I had my father there in time to hear the "you'd be last on my list" comment if I take the bike back...I don't care if that's how dealerships think; don't tell potential customers that line of crap...keep the bike for a week for all I care. Just look it over like I asked...

I don't mind telling everyone who it was...I have a former HS classmate that works there and is a great person, and my husband's been dealing with this particular dealership off and on for over 10 years...doesn't erase the fact that I left without having the work done I'd requested, nor will it erase the fact that I left insulted...

I'm just so pleased with my Hayabusa, with Suzuki, with the support and info I get from this site...to have some local dealership ruin that for me has been aggravating. For all the Harley dealerships I've spent time in, I was never treated in the same manner...

Casey Cycle City in Newport News, Virginia...

There ya go fellas let the phones begin ringing, if your from the area if you use this dealership or have intentions to use em give em a call and let em know how you feel. Let em know about the bad publicity they are getting because of bad customer support.

CAp

ok now im pissed
here it is,
my 2 cents

should u make waves?
of course.

take every step and write every letter possible
thats what i recommened
bitch to everybody that will listen!!!!

has it happened to me?
rock.gif
?
of course.

they think cause im young that i drive everthing like i stole it and its all my fault and i dont know crap cause im young.
one big middel fingure to all those people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i bought a ducati monster in the same manner.
went local got quoted retail.
and they were arss to me like i had no credit
what did i do?
drove 70 miles and paid the same price to people who

kissed my arss and gave me a helmet and gloves  
tounge.gif

then went back to the orignal (local) dealer and rode my bike in there and laguhed at them cause they lost the money on the sale.

as well i rode into a harley dealer
(i looked at the buell before the monster and got treated like a no credit no money having young punk)
i laguhed at them and told one of thier coustmers right in front of the salesmen, while he was working the deal, how much of a better bike the ducati was and how

good of a deal i got at the other dealership.:laugh:

i watched the customer walk right out and leave
i also watched the puss* salesmen walk to the sales manager and wine to him about what i did. lolololol

when the sales manager approched me and asked me to leave the dealer  
i let him know who i was at why i was such an arss
(asst. sales manager at a local car dealer, and my boss bought bikes over the years from them)
and what his salesmen treated me like when i was there looking at the buell.
the look on his face was priceless.  
o and not to mention that i told all the people at my work, who love harleys, about the whole deal and that they would never look at them the same way again.
hell yea i had the nerve to tell them that!
i hate people like that and im willing to get in to a fist fight about the way i get treated (and i have smacked a few people around and i have an assult record for it, no im not proud of it, yes i regret it)

bottom line is
i got treated like dirt eveywere i went in person
i bought the monster over the phone
and went in to pick it up and was in and out in less then 30 minutes.
went back and rubbed it in all the other fugers faces
and even made the buell salesmen feel like dirt right in front of his sales manager.lol

did i want to fight with them?
hell yea!!!!!
did i?
no .... im getting to lazy and fat       lol lol

make waves
write letters
complain
let people know how u feel
dont back down no matter who they are and what they say

next time this happens
let the person know what u think right thier and then!
ask to speak to the manager RIGHT NOW!
dont leave the dealer untill u get the respect a customer deserves no matter if ur buying a bike or getting service
DONT BACK DOWN
BE AGRESSIVE
AND LET THOSE BONERS
KNOW THE CUSTOMER
MAKES THIER CHECK THE BOSS JUST SIGNS IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok so i got a littel pissed
sorry...
dont get in to a fight like me but dont let them treat u wrong period.

hope it all works out and sorry about the type o's im in a hurry to finsh
g

Michele, I'd write a seperate letter to the dealership general manager/ owner. It
maybe he is unaware of his staffs attitude. Unlikely but possible. Again I draw
this from my own experience working at a dealership. I would definately call 1st though and try & find out Chris's ranking at the dealership. Obviously if Chris is an owner a letter will do little good. If you aren't inclined to do so yourself
Then do me a favor & e-mail or PM me the Dealership Name & Ph.#

the flood gates have opened.
lets see what the after math is of a few hunderd people sending emails, letters, and phone calls.

please let us know what the dealership says to all the emails and responses of your busa brothers and sisters.
biggrin.gif

Here is there info:
Busa dealer
I just sent them a nice email VaBusa.  
tounge.gif
LOL...check out the photo on their home page...
Now that's what I call attention to detail!
And they want me to let them work on MY Busa?!?!

Quote "Casey Cycle City has a knowledgeable staff that provides unparalleled sales, service, courtesy, and professionalism. We offer top-notch customer service and stock parts for almost every need" End quote.

Well that settles it... Michelle obviously was wrong...
it says right there that their staff is both courteous &
professional. And they have top notch customer service too
boot!!

wink.gif

tounge.gif

pirate.gif

I think I'll enclose that with my email.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "Typo!!!"|1072844049 -->

tounge.gif

It sucks the way you have been treated by that guy at the shop. I know it really frys me when people talk down to my wife Sue. But what I really like is when Sue puts them in their place and blows their minds when she tells them what the problem is using mechanical terms. yep my wife is a motor head and most guys are shocked when she lets them know that she knows they are shoveling her a big line.

0123456.jpg

Michelle,

I just sent them an e-mail too. You have my support. Good luck in finding another shop with better customer service. I drive 65 miles to Virginia to have my Honda serviced, simply because that shop has better customer service, which means everything to me.

DJ

You guys are killing me! This is too funny...

No...really, thanks guys...I've already written a letter, and it's not going to just anyone at Casey; it'll go to the owner and that's not the weenie that I had the displeasure of working with...I'm also in the process of finding a top name in the American Suzuki customer service sector so the letter doesn't just get tossed aside...I did end up putting in there that so far there's little incentive for me to pay the $400+ to get 4 more years on the warranty if this is the kind of crap I'm going to have to deal with; I'd rather pay the local performance racing shop to help me than beg for an authorized Suzuki dealer to look at my Busa...

I might just draft a letter to the local guys, like Raider suggested...or I might just still carbon copy them after I let the bigger fish know...not sure yet...

Thanks again guys...you are all just too much...
smile.gif

I'm smellin a freebie for VA BUSA.......it smells like....

a huge discount on an extended warranty...

Work it VA
Work it!!!

Have their scrawny little bodies begging for mercy.

ices_rofl.gif

You noticed that did ya?!

Seriously...thanks guys...you guys will keep me fired up enough to mail these letters out today...then I'll see if anyone gives a shat on their end...

Hubby told me last night that if Casey sends me an apology, I should take my bike there, but I only get burned once, then I'm done...I can't see myself pulling back in that parking lot...

Michelle,

I got a response to the e-mail I sent to them. Talk about bad attitude!! Seems like they already had a grudge against you for not buying your bike from them. Please do not go back there for anything. They do not undertsand the value of good customer service.

DJ

When asked did you buy it from us say "I purchased it used"
If it is real new with few miles on it and they ask "used and so new" You say " yah got if from a guy that lost his job & had to sell"
That should end it there.

good time sugarbritches.
I am so sick of young punk kids running service departments at bike dealers, these losers are usually drunk stoner types that couldn't get real jobs, they hate their lives and job & take it out on customers.

Back