Battery Tender question.

L4zarus

Registered
Could anyone tell me what voltage battery tender I need for a 2011 busa? I didn't see anything in my manual and my bike isn't at my house to look at the battery :banghead:

Get the Deltran Battery Tender plus. Motorcycle - Batterytender.com

Check around for prices

It also has the attachments so you can attach one to the bike and just plug it in without having to remove anything to get to the battery.

pashnit has them, best 35 bucks ever spent:thumbsup:

+1 on Pashnit, I got mine from him too.
I used the wire that bolts to the battery and ran it out between the frame and tail plastic(I think I stole that idea from Twotonevert).
The bike side of the wire has the cap attached to it. So it loops around the brake mastercylinder hose and isn't flopping in the wind while you ride.
Makes it easy, just plug the bike in when you're done riding.:thumbsup:

SDC11024.jpg

SDC11029.jpg

I leave mine under the hump. Pop the hump off, hook it up, put the hump back on. That way it's completely out of sight and harms way when not hooked to the tender.

I also have mine under the hump. The hump or back seat on my seat says, "Hey I am still attached to the wall!"
It makes for a clean install too. I plan on plugging heated gear into the socket when I finally get some.
IMG_20120110_162005.jpg

IMG_20120110_162005.jpg

I leave mine under the hump. Pop the hump off, hook it up, put the hump back on. That way it's completely out of sight and harms way when not hooked to the tender.

That's cool...but does't work for me.
Because I'll crank the bike to let it warm up, put my helmet and gloves on, then remember I have to turn the bike off and unlock the hump:laugh:
I try to remember to unplug it before I start the bike, but it doesn't always happen:laugh:

Ive got mine on my 08 the same way :beerchug:

+1 on Pashnit, I got mine from him too.
I used the wire that bolts to the battery and ran it out between the frame and tail plastic(I think I stole that idea from Twotonevert).
The bike side of the wire has the cap attached to it. So it loops around the brake mastercylinder hose and isn't flopping in the wind while you ride.
Makes it easy, just plug the bike in when you're done riding.:thumbsup:

Back