Bash Rides & stuff

people will be in the area as early as the sunday prior, most are probably showing up wed/thursday so they can have a full day riding friday/sat before packing it up for the drive home sunday.

beers are far, but depending on rides you take you will have a chance to load up on the way back ....just might be hauling a 12pack through the dragon :laugh:

A sixpack fits with the trunk mod, I have personal experience.:laugh:

Sorry Butch, Im arriving. Tuesday early evening to Sunday. Its posted in the attendees thread. Days and where people are staying.

Sorry Butch, Im arriving. Tuesday early evening to Sunday. Its posted in the attendees thread. Days and where people are staying.

Ya'll are already trying to change my name again and we haven't even arrived yet:laugh:

Id like to ride a road that has a turn or two. :whistle:

How far of a ride did you say the nearest Heinekens are?

all joking aside... probably 18 miles in andrews at the gas station. Hooken and I had to make a trip there mid week to buy more booze. I put an 18pk in a backpack and he strapped a 12pk to his back seat and we hauled it back.... guess we underestimated our tolerance!!! :laugh:

I can't wait it's been 2 years sense I've been down there (this will be my wife's first time). I know I want to make it down to Helen GA at some point. If there is any interest I can look at some routes, if not the wife and I are there till Monday so we could do that trip on Sunday.

I found some of the old routes I documented for a previous bash. I will get those up shortly for everyone.

I'm definitely down to do the Blood Mountain ride... although I'm slower than the average bear. I've got BB lowered so far I hit toes pretty quickly on those tight turns. Maybe I'll raise 'er back up a smidge this year. I remember last year all the returnees from the Blood Mountain ride smiling from ear to ear, although that's the look I saw from most folks returning from rides.

I'm definitely down to do the Blood Mountain ride... although I'm slower than the average bear. I've got BB lowered so far I hit toes pretty quickly on those tight turns. Maybe I'll raise 'er back up a smidge this year. I remember last year all the returnees from the Blood Mountain ride smiling from ear to ear, although that's the look I saw from most folks returning from rides.

I went on that ride years ago, with Don...it was hysterical when we all got tangled up in a cycling event. It started raining, we're behind trucks and we were going so slow, cyclists started passing us :laugh: It was a great ride though...I'd do it again! :thumbsup:

Over the years, I've found its better to just figure it out the night before at the fire pit than to try to put it together in advance with a group this size. Small groups with folks of about the same skill level led by someone who knows the area is a good recipie for a fun, drama free day.

I went on that ride years ago, with Don...it was hysterical when we all got tangled up in a cycling event. It started raining, we're behind trucks and we were going so slow, cyclists started passing us :laugh: It was a great ride though...I'd do it again! :thumbsup:

That was a great ride.

Mountain - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:

I remember that ride, it was hilarious.

I dont care where we go, but I am riding the Cherhola at least once.

Back