Bash Rides & stuff

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
Seems like a good mix of new folks and bash veterans are in the attending list. We have always had a "newbie" run at one point and there's usually a group photo done at some point. Most folks will make the standard run or 50 across the dragon but there's also the skyway and other favorites. Many years there has been a run to Blood Mountain as well, thats one of those all day rides though.

A few years ago some of us went to the Sheffield Mine as part of one of the rides. I'm thinking about doing that one of the days, perhaps Friday if the weather holds. Pretty fun ride out towards Franklin on a less traveled section of hwy 28 and some fun routes for the ride back :thumbsup:

What is everyone thinking for rides? If you are thinking about leading a ride, post up here with a day/relative time. Is anyone coordinating with Killboy this year or are we going on our own for pics?

I definitely wanna make blood mountain this year, haven't made it there yet. Also spend some extra time on the Dragon this year as my rear tire won't be quite as bloated this go round :lol:
Give ya a call this weekend Brian, catch up and co-ordinate plans.

Smellphone via Forum Runner

Y'all know how I roll.......those that are confident and able to hang are more than welcome to join. Basically, when I wake up and eat, we head out. Usually around 9 and will get back between 3 and 4. If you have any doubts in your ability, please do not attempt to hang with us. Not trying to be a d!ck, just being real.

Y'all know how I roll.......those that are confident and able to hang are more than welcome to join. Basically, when I wake up and eat, we head out. Usually around 9 and will get back between 3 and 4. If you have any doubts in your ability, please do not attempt to hang with us. Not trying to be a d!ck, just being real.

He's not kidding...

I know Skydivr, We ride in the Same Group Every Yr... LOL The "Advanced Group" Team Wind Resistance.. Racer Likes following my Tail Light!!!

Never seen it, have no idea what you may be talking about:laugh:

racerV said:

Whatever, ill just hang with locals you love so much....

yes its true, if you cannot hang with the fast dogs you should not try to do so. Almost every route folks will ride is a circle, have a look at the tail of the dragon site and you'll see:thumbsup:

anyone up for a hooters run on Sat? I'm thinking a big run over the skyway, up to Hooters then back across the foothills and dragon by early afternoon.

Can't wait. I just play follow the leader with Loomis. Not trying to prove nothing, just fun!

I know my way around N.GA mountains pretty good so I'll go there if it's early in the week.

Can't wait. I just play follow the leader with Loomis. Not trying to prove nothing, just fun!

I know my way around N.GA mountains pretty good so I'll go there if it's early in the week.

+1000 Just Fun.. its your OWN Pace, It just happens to be a little Spirited!!

We normally ride a smaller group depending on weather the nicer the weather the futher we ride, The group is up early about 7ish or 8ishfor a light Breakfast then we Ride, Back around early Evening.

Myself, RacerV, Mule Pack, Blacksheep, Rock, WhiteLE, TwoBros and several others have ridden with us, Spirited Ride, Not a Race, No passing unless waved on by someone in the group. If you would like to ride with the Group we ask the rider who has not ridden with us, questions about there type of riding, and are happy to answer any questions, so you know what to expect from the group. and what we expect from the rides in the group. We like a SAFE ride and Don't want any unwanted incidences. That what RacerV and myself mean by the POST, So everyone is understanding.

Don't forget about the "stopping to seriously consider beating the living shait out of a local who liked to stomp his brakes in front of you for sport" ride ???

skydivr said:
Don't forget about the "stopping to seriously consider beating the living shait out of a local who liked to stomp his brakes in front of you for sport" ride ???

Good times right there. :lol:

If I come I volunteer to lead the 'granny group' or bring up its rear. I'm just glad the dragon is not circular.
Don't want to keep getting lapped :laugh:

If I come I volunteer to lead the 'granny group' or bring up its rear. I'm just glad the dragon is not circular.
Don't want to keep getting lapped :laugh:

You'll be just fine riding towards the rear, though I'm sure there will be someone that knows the routes riding dead last to help make sure no one is left behind :thumbsup:

And the dragon might not be circular, but its definitely run back and forth quickly by some... you definitely stand a chance of being "lapped" by someone and almost certainly will be passed by folks, especially if you ride it during the peak hours. Just like anything else, ride your ride, do not try to keep up with anyone if you are not 1000000% comfortable with the pace and above all else, ride smart. No erratic moves, signal lane changes, crap in the road, turns, etc. There are likely to be a huge number of bikes in the area so holding your line is a good practice unless you have to quickly avoid something. Sadly there are those there that will pass you without a wave or permission and folks have been wrecked as a result :(

I just need to get there and then I'll worry about the rest. Like riding a bicycle it will come back to me quickly. Nothing to prove and everything to enjoy. Plus if I do make it my bike will be my ride home, 800 miles so I will be doubly cautious.

How far of a ride did you say the nearest Heinekens are?

The bash is basically the 20th thru Sunday the 22nd right?
Is anyone there before this? Say Wednesday or Thursday?

We normally ride a smaller group depending on weather the nicer the weather the futher we ride, The group is up early about 7ish or 8ishfor a light Breakfast then we Ride, Back around early Evening.

Myself, RacerV, Pack Mule , Blacksheep, Rock, WhiteLE, TwoBros and several others have ridden with us, Spirited Ride, Not a Race, No passing unless waved on by someone in the group. If you would like to ride with the Group we ask the rider who has not ridden with us, questions about there type of riding, and are happy to answer any questions, so you know what to expect from the group. and what we expect from the rides in the group. We like a SAFE ride and Don't want any unwanted incidences. That what RacerV and myself mean by the POST, So everyone is understanding.

Fixed it

The bash is basically the 20th thru Sunday the 22nd right?
Is anyone there before this? Say Wednesday or Thursday?

people will be in the area as early as the sunday prior, most are probably showing up wed/thursday so they can have a full day riding friday/sat before packing it up for the drive home sunday.

beers are far, but depending on rides you take you will have a chance to load up on the way back ....just might be hauling a 12pack through the dragon :laugh:

Back