Back from my ride (PICS)

busa-josh

Got Tires?
Donating Member
Registered
Well, my South-East Texas ride was kind of a bust. The first day weather was beautiful but I couldn't make it as far as I wanted to as I began to develop the tire issues around Houston. After spending the night in Houston I hopped up in the early fog and got a new set of Michilin Pilot Road 2s put on. Riding through Houston in heavy fog wasn't fun but as I got even farther South the weather cleared.... I was pretty excited about hitting the coast under good skies. Almost as soon as I got to the islands the sky opened and lightning rain surrounded me.

For the rest of the day I battled heavy fog and rain showers as I traveled South along the coast. I couldn't stop to take too many pictures because most the roads didn't have shoulders and the fog was too heavy to risk stopping on the small ones that occasionally did exist. After only being able to do 50mph for most of the day I ended up in Victoria, Tx instead of Port Aransas as I had planned. Heading out the next morning I circled South of San Antonio and back to the house through the cold front. The temps were in the 30s but the wind is what made this ride rough. Trip totaled out at 775 miles in 48 hours, 3 great meals, a lot of nice people met. Despite the weather and all the issues it was a fun trip... not exactly what I had planned but I had to get out of the house.

Day 1 in Sam Houston National Forrest
Sam Houston Forrest.JPG

Day 2 in Galveston as the weather cleared enough to make it worth taking some pictures
Seawall Gas Station.JPG
Seawall Gas Station 2.JPG

Day 2 eating some amazing oysters while I was on the thunderstorms to lessen a bit
Galveston Lunch.jpg

Day 2 after lunch, still nasty out!
Galveston Seafood.JPG

Day 2 fishing harbor near Port Lavaca, Tx
Fishing Harbor.JPG

Day 2 dinner in Victoria, Tx.. fried oysters, beer and Monday night football.
Victoria Dinner 2.jpg
Victoria Dinner.jpg

Day 2 Stupid hotel didnt put the handicap ramp directly in front of the door so my baby had to sleep outside
Could fit in the door.JPG

Sam Houston Forrest.JPG

Seawall Gas Station.JPG

Seawall Gas Station 2.JPG

Galveston Lunch.jpg

Galveston Seafood.JPG

Victoria Dinner 2.jpg

Victoria Dinner.jpg

Could fit in the door.JPG

Fishing Harbor.JPG

Looks like fun!

Note to self...check weather forecasts before leaving.

Sucks the weather didn't hold out for you but it does look like you made the best of it. The food looks great and I don't even like oysters. :laugh:

I bet you were nervous leaving your bike outside at the hotel. I know I would be.

Riding solo and enjoying the sites, sounds and tastes of a nice road trip can not be beat! Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Great pix of bad weather. Sounds like you had a rough ride between the weather and the tire. Hopefully future rides will be better. :thumbsup:

Looks like you got to see some pretty scenery! Did you eat anything besides oysters? lol Great pics!:cheerleader:

Good share Josh :thumbsup: Riding in those conditions will test your fortitude, but will make you a better & stronger rider.

Way to hang in there and looks like you had some good eats :beerchug:

HAHA.. yes i know what they say about oysters!! and i had a meal of chicken and umm... the rest of the meals were oysters- can't get fresh oysters where I am so i always eat my fill when and where i can.

Thanks for the comments everyone.. wish I had better pictures to share but the ride was just so wet I didnt stop to see anything interesting because.. well.. i couldnt see it through the fog- I had a lot of fun though!

Notright- cant wait til Sat.. we should be good for weather as you say... thinking I am going to do another one next week too.... South Padre?? Hopefully no rain...

Great fun riding in fog:whistle: oysters bring back memories.
Great pics, thanks:beerchug:

Learn to pivot her on the kickstand and you can get her into your hotel rooms easily. Even without the ramp directly in front of the door:thumbsup:

Looks like a fun ride despite the percip.

Looks like you had the meals figured out:beerchug:

Back