Avon's Warranty

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
Intested in the Avon Storm performance and their Warranty I came across this (this is from the U.K. website, U.S. may be different...which is why I'm asking)

"The warranty, which is unique in the industry, provides a free replacement tyre in the event of a puncture or irreparable damage being sustained within the first millimetre of tread wear."

1-Is the U.S. warranty the same?

2-Best guestiment...how many miles (normal riding) = 1 mm of tread wear?

3-How would you rate the handling performance of the Avon vs the Pilot Power vs the Qualifier?

I have not had Avon's on my Busa but I loved the things on the CBR F2 I had. I did use the warranty from Avon for a nail i got in the tire after 300 miles or so. The only problem I found is that you have to find an autherized dealer to take the warranty. The local shop around here is just a retail and not a true dealer, I was able to talk them into it but after a big hassle and mess with the manager. But bottom line is the warranty is real and does work at the right shops or shops willing to work with you.

I checked out their website, there are lots of US dealers.  Both here in SoCal and in Florida.  Check out this link, should take you to the dealer locator page. Under North American Dealer Locator, select search by state, type in FL and search. Brought up about 91 dealers, hopefully one is near you.

My Webpage

Thanks guys, there is a dealer close.
super.gif

I personally have run the Azaro St's and the SP's on my Busa. (hard to see but d in my bio) and they perform extremely well.

I got an amazing 8500 out of the Azaro ST 200 in the back. They lean over like a 180 and the mileage is/was incredible.

The combo I am running right now is the SP up front and the ST 200 in the rear. I rail with the combination too. Avon told me via a phone call that mixing their tyres is alright to do depending on what you want out of them.

I want stick, but I also wanted the extra longevity out back. Love the look of the fatter tyre and still wanted turn in.

I may go with the 190 this next time out though. I'm not out back looking at the fat back there, I just want more turn in abilities,, and that should handle it thoroughly!

Avon tyres!  
super.gif

The Avon technology has it so that the chords are cut on the bias. When you go into a turn the 'footprint' of the tyre instead of being that of what it normally would be,, stretches and gives you a larger area so that in effect gives you more grip!

Amazing, when I first leaned into a increasing radius at 90mph with no traffic,,, it held me like I was traveling straight up!

Amazing tyre for sure!

(Cookie @ Mar. 23 2007,13:53) The Avon technology has it so that the chords are cut on the bias. When you go into a turn the 'footprint' of the tyre instead of being that of what it normally would be,, stretches and gives you a larger area so that in effect gives you more grip!

Amazing, when I first leaned into a increasing radius at 90mph with no traffic,,, it held me like I was traveling straight up!

Amazing tyre for sure!
I've got a brand new pair of Viper Sports sitting in the garage, bought them last year with the "buy a rear and get the front free deal" from Avon.

After reading your opinion on Avons, I can't wait to put them on. Unfortunately the rear BT56 still has at least one good road trip left in it. I've averaged 5500 miles out of the BT56 tires, hopefully the Avons do even better.

Back