Avon Storms are amazing

sleepless_red

The artist formerly known as "sleeper_red"
Donating Member
Registered
I had a set mounted last May when she had 16,100 miles on her. After this morning's ride, she now has 31,800+ miles and I'm still running the same set. Incredible.:beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

do they warm up quick? i am curious whether not i should try those instead of my mich. pilot powers.

I had a set mounted last May when she had 16,100 miles on her. After this morning's ride, she now has 31,800+ miles and I'm still running the same set. Incredible.:beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

Just under 16,000 miles.... on one set of Storms? ???

Shyeah... pretty incredible, is right! Below is a pic of my rear Avon Storm at 7600 miles, and it's completely toasted... and you did double this? That's a seriously gentle throttle hand.... :laugh:

Playa-ed_Busa_Rear_Wheel.jpg

do they warm up quick? i am curious whether not i should try those instead of my mich. pilot powers.

I switched from PP's to Avons and NO they do not warm up as fast. Once they warm up they will do about 75% of what I could do on the PP's. The best I ever got out of PP's was 2800 miles riding solo. My first Storm was still ride able at 6200 mostly 2up miles. Overall a great tire.

16K miles:thumbsup::bowdown:

I switched from PP's to Avons and NO they do not warm up as fast. Once they warm up they will do about 75% of what I could do on the PP's. The best I ever got out of PP's was 2800 miles riding solo. My first Storm was still ride able at 6200 mostly 2up miles. Overall a great tire.

16K miles:thumbsup::bowdown:

i'm sold! thanks for the heads up bro, talk about smart money. :beerchug:

Guys, I don't do burn out, ride hard, or anything like that. I ride for pleasure and mostly highway. I will take a picture of it this weekend. I just have too many things going on right now. Just got home from church and dinner, will leave soon to take my son to homecoming, etc. Believe me guys, I'm very impressed too. I had no idea. I even have another set that's been sitting in my closet and I don't know when I'm going to need them. I didn't know it's going to seat in my closet this long.

My Busa is about ready for a set of tires, and Storms is my choice for the type of riding I do.

I've been running them on my XX Blackbird for the last 8,000 miles and they look like they have another 2-3,000 left.

If he got 16000 miles out of these then it would seem that they are a harder tire that wouldn't compare with the softer pilot powers very well at all.

Update on the Avons. They now have 16,008 miles total as of right now. I just got back from another 300+ mile ride. I will try to take pictures of the tires either today or tomorrow. BIKE DUDE, you can't compare the Avons to the PP's. These are sport touring tires and not high performance tires. I've ran PP's before. They are sticky but don't suit my riding style. I do 90% highway so it's a waste of money for me. I used to buy PP's after every 4,000 miles. It could have been my 4th PP's by now. Imagine how much money I've saved so far on tires. As you can see, I ride a lot. I put over 32,000 miles on her in one year and almost two weeks to be exact. This is why I need a longer lasting tires.

Last edited:
Yep my bud got over 17,000 out of his set of storms with cords showing :thumbsup: he lives on his bike too :bowdown:

I believe you. I'm now at almost 16,600 miles after yesterdays ride. They are amazing.

You'll be glad you did, warp10. Like I've said before, I still have another set that's been sitting in my closet for quite sometime now because I had no idea they last this long.

Based on these recommendations, my Storms came today ordered from Motoxoutlet 4 days ago both made in 2008. Just in time I saw cord on my BT015's yesterday

It sounds like these may get better mileage that the BT016 Bridgestones. I usually do a two rear to one front tire change. Would it hurt to mix them? ???

Back