Autocom Test Ride I

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Well Busa159 came over today and we fired up our new autocom's that we have installed, I put, my helmet on with confidence that I could talk to the space station if needed, I have put alot of money and time into my communucation system and I just knew it was going to be just a quick ride to test our systems.

We pull out on the hwy and I can't hear Busa159 and he can't hear me... I can tell when he was keying his radio but the sound was terrible.... We pulled over at a gas station and made a few adjustments to both our systems. We pulled back out onto the hwy and busa159 sounded better but my system was worse....

We went back to the house and started looking in the trunk of the bike to see what in the world was causing the terrible audio.. We put aluminum foil around the autocom and we even wrapped the XM antenna so try to keep interference away...

We finally tracked the problem down to the new running light and rear flasher module that I installed....

I will be moving it tomorrow, I unplugged it and we went for another ride and the comms was much better. The quality isnt even in the same ballpark as the Cardo but the whole package with the XM and Ipod and phone connections make the desire to go solely with the Autocom apealing

I will make the changes tomorrow and then see what happens.....

By the way Steve says the new tail light looks better than stock..... :whistle:

We put aluminum foil around the autocom and we even wrapped the XM antenna so try to keep interference away...

You need to make 4 antennas out of the Aluminum foil aprox. 6" tall and place them atop of your helmet :laugh:

Houston we have a problem.. :poke:

Looking forward to seeing your set-up at the Bash!

I have an auto com setup too captain. Damn pricey too! I need to get on the ball and get mine up and running.

How bout it Captain you copy?
rj%27s-foil-helmet-771886.jpg

Now I know why busa159 wanted to take pics of our efforts...

Just curious but what part of the cardo is better than the autocom?
Speakers? intercom capibilities? bike to bike. Are you using the same helmet speakers for the cardo and autocom? I currently have the autocom but need an additional unit for the other bike, so I am curious.

Back