Attempted Bike Jacking

has anyone ever read the appology letter some guy put up on the net... it was something about how he pulled his piece on some dude who wanted to jack his bike.

in turn the rider took the guys wallet and if I remember correct his clothes and phone... either way he ended up contacting the kids mom and explained to her what happend... if I wasn't on my phone i'd post a link.

true or not
pistols and bikes seem go together.

here's a legal question: cowboy law states only I guess: if u display ur side arm and put a riding jacket over it, do u fall under concelled carry laws?
Posted via Mobile Device

Pistols and bikes go together - TRUE

Many states its legal to openly carry. Here in virginia you need a CCW to carry concealed but nothing to carry a gun on your hip in openly in plain sight. So if someone gets a peak(of your weapon) no harm no foul.

I love the Commonwealth of Virginia ! "Sic semper tyrannis"

has anyone ever read the appology letter some guy put up on the net... it was something about how he pulled his piece on some dude who wanted to jack his bike.

in turn the rider took the guys wallet and if I remember correct his clothes and phone... either way he ended up contacting the kids mom and explained to her what happend... if I wasn't on my phone i'd post a link.

true or not
pistols and bikes seem go together.

here's a legal question: cowboy law states only I guess: if u display ur side arm and put a riding jacket over it, do u fall under concelled carry laws?
Posted via Mobile Device

is this the one it is funny

I was the white guy with the black Burrberry jacket that you demanded I hand over shortly after you pulled the knife on me and my girlfriend. You also asked for my girlfriend's purse and earrings. I hope you somehow come across this message. I'd like to apologize.

I didn't expect you to crap your pants when I drew my pistol after you took my jacket. Truth is, I was wearing the jacket for a reason that evening, and it wasn't that cold outside. You see, my girlfriend had just bought me that Kimber 1911 .45 ACP pistol for Christmas, and we had just picked up a shoulder holster for it that evening. Beautiful pistol, eh? It's a very intimidating weapon when pointed at your head, isn't it?

I know it probably wasn't a great deal of fun walking back to wherever you'd come from with that brown sludge flopping about in your pants. I'm sure it was even worse since you also ended up leaving your shoes, cellphone, and wallet with me. I couldn't have you calling up any of your buddies to come help you try to mug us again. I took the liberty of calling your mother, or "Momma" as you had her listed in your cell, and explaining to her your situation. I also bought myself some gas on your card. I gave your shoes to one of the homeless guys over by Vinnie Van Go Go's, along with all of the cash in your wallet, then I threw the wallet itself in a dumpster.

I called a bunch of phone sex numbers from your cell. They'll be on your bill in case you'd like to know which ones. Alltel recently shut down the line, and I've only had the phone for a little over a day now, so I don't know what's going on with that. I hope they haven't permanently cut off your service. I was about to make some threatening phone calls to the DA's office with it. Oh well.

So, about your pants. I know that I was a little rough on you when you did this whole attempted mugging thing, so I'd like to make it up to you. I'm sure you've already washed your pants, so I'd like to help you out. I'd like to reimburse you for the detergent you used on the pants. What brand did you use, and was it liquid or powder? I'd also like to apologize for not killing you and instead making you walk back home humiliated. I'm hoping that you'll reconsider your choice of path in life. Next time you might not be so lucky. If you read this message, email me and we'll do lunch and laundry. Peace!

- Alex

Don't pull it unless you intend on using it. He should have pulled the trigger while they had the bike in their possession. Unfortunately, bike theft is not grand-theft auto in many states. In WA it needs to be an attempted violent felony to warrant deadly force.

Nice & big now. Give me a :D

smile.jpg

THATS THE ONE!!
true or not.. makes u think

how many face to face bike jacks happen?

u always hear
I parked it here
I chained it like I always do
I made sure the lock on the shed was locked
and on and on...
Posted via Mobile Device

Many states its legal to openly carry. Here in virginia you need a CCW to carry concealed but nothing to carry a gun on your hip in openly in plain sight. So if someone gets a peak(of your weapon) no harm no foul.

im pretty sure theres only two open carry states. va and az if i remember correctly. in every state where its allowed that you own a gun you can carry a loaded gun on your propery but transporting is different and every state has its quirks.

open carry isnt a good idea. i dont want the guy planning to rob me know when i do and dont have my gun.

also carrying a collapsible baton is not legal to carry concealed as far as i know. same as brass knuckle and other blundering devices.

hopefully the punks will have learned their lesson, but they will probably get a gun or be more aggresive the next time.

Well sounds like it ended well except for the damage to the bike. If they both had knives he could have just shot both of them right away. Not only are they attempting theft but wielding a weapon like that is a threat against his life. Plus its been proven that even after a person has been shot they can still be effective with a knife from up to 15 feet away so maybe he should have just unloaded on both of them. Ha ha. Glad he didn't lose the bike.
Posted via Mobile Device

im pretty sure theres only two open carry states. va and az if i remember correctly. in every state where its allowed that you own a gun you can carry a loaded gun on your propery but transporting is different and every state has its quirks.

open carry isnt a good idea. i dont want the guy planning to rob me know when i do and dont have my gun.

also carrying a collapsible baton is not legal to carry concealed as far as i know. same as brass knuckle and other blundering devices.

hopefully the punks will have learned their lesson, but they will probably get a gun or be more aggresive the next time.

There's actually quite a few open carry states now. Look at this map:

OpenCarry.org - A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost!

Gold and Green are good to go if you meet the legal requirements and I would try my luck in Orange unless I could afford a good attorney.

I'm lucky enough to live in a gold state and I have carried openly before but it feels weird and I wouldn't do it if I was going to a crowded place. One of the things I like about a "concealed weapons permit" is the "concealed" part. Less people knowing is better in my opinion.

Also, about the subject in hand. Since this happened in Texas I'm pretty sure he could have shot them in the back after they ran a 100 yards away. Texas is pretty open to people killing others in the defense of their own property. Which, I happen to agree with. :thumbsup:

We have had this similar situation happen a couple of times here in Phoenix. The thieves did try to Jack my buddy Corbins bike one night at gun point, but when he got off he dropped it and ran. They must have wanted him to load it in the back of the truck for them because they didn't take it. :firing: When I am not riding to work I am always caring. My glock blends in nicely with my black riding jacket.

We have had this similar situation happen a couple of times here in Phoenix. The thieves did try to Jack my buddy Corbins bike one night at gun point, but when he got off he dropped it and ran. They must have wanted him to load it in the back of the truck for them because they didn't take it. :firing: When I am not riding to work I am always caring. My glock blends in nicely with my black riding jacket.

Bike is faster than feet:poke:

There's actually quite a few open carry states now. Look at this map:

OpenCarry.org - A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost!

Gold and Green are good to go if you meet the legal requirements and I would try my luck in Orange unless I could afford a good attorney.

I'm lucky enough to live in a gold state and I have carried openly before but it feels weird and I wouldn't do it if I was going to a crowded place. One of the things I like about a "concealed weapons permit" is the "concealed" part. Less people knowing is better in my opinion.

Also, about the subject in hand. Since this happened in Texas I'm pretty sure he could have shot them in the back after they ran a 100 yards away. Texas is pretty open to people killing others in the defense of their own property. Which, I happen to agree with. :thumbsup:

looks like your right. i didnt know so many were open carry. im with you though. im not against open carry i just dont like it for defense. i wonder if its legal to open and concealed carry?

If you have a CHL and you have it strapped to your side and completely covered with a jacket you are golden...even if the wind flaps it open. You have it concealed.

I don't mean argue but when I took my refresher our instructor said you are not allowed to "flash" or have a discernable "print" of your weapon visible.

head east beat me too it. Glad your buddy didn't have to shot anyone or buy a new bike.

Last edited:
A buddy of mine was riding in south San Antonio Texas late the other night and while he was sitting at a red light two thugs tried to jack his bike. Both had a knife and ordered my friend off of his bike. He got off of the bike and was told to start walking. Little did the thugs know that my buddy was packing a .45 Auto. My friend pulled his .45 and ordered the thugs to the ground. Both thugs dropped his bike and ran even though my friend was pointing a gun at them. Bike sustained minimum damage and the thugs got away. At least the bike was not successfully jacked. Personally I told my buddy I would have popped at least one of the thugs on the run but he let them go.

He should shot 1 right away an screamed " If you drop it your next hold it up an wait for the cops or drop it an die right here":laugh:

That sux ( dropped ride ). The only way he would have stood a chance would have been to pop them once the weapons were pulled.

The thugs that tried to jack his bike didn't have helmets. When my buddy was sitting at the red light the thugs walked up to him from the corner and pulled their knifes. The reason why my buddy didn't shoot them is because as soon as he pulled his .45 the thugs immediately dropped the bike and ran. He didn't want to shoot the thugs in the back because of the possibility of being accused of excessive force. He said the thugs were quick on their feet and bolted as soon as they saw the .45 (My buddys bike is a 2007 ZX14.)

Back