Anyone went from a k7/8 to a hayabusa?

Vladcanada

Registered
I currently own a k7 1000 done 5500 kms on it, but im a big guy 235-240 pounds and on a longer ride with friends everything stat to hurt :) And there's not enough twisty roads, and I dont do track days, just joy rides here and there. So i decided that i need something like A Busa or VMAX i like them both, but i definitely lean more to a Busa as it is almost twice as cheap and I just like it very much.

Question is: is it much much more comfortable? I dont have anyone who rides one or to test ride one.

P.s anyone in Toronto needs a Shiny K7?:)

Last edited:
Guess I don't know what a K7 is, but yes the Busa is very big guy friendly. Just did 1100 miles in one day after being off the bike for six months. My cheeks cramped a little from the permasmile :laugh:

Sounds like he is going from a liter bike to something else.

The Busa is a lot more comfortable, but still a sport bike. It does everything reasonably well though, except where the paved road ends.

you didnt say how tall you are,think that will matter more,Im 6'3" and 290lbs.. a little tough on the legs but otherwise the bike doesnt care how heavy you are,she still moves

Busa's are very stable, and IMHO made for bigger guys. I'm 6'3" 215lbs and I love the GSXR1k, but after an hour or so of riding; everything starts to hurt.

The Busa fits me like a glove. 3 to 4 hour rides, no problems.

My $.02

I am a bit smaller then you(5'10" 185). But I did come from a k7 1000 to an 08 Busa. with a dought it was a great move. I love my Busa.:laugh:

K7.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

Carbfend4.jpg

Back